8BIT MUSIC POWER FINAL

Started by UglyJoe, December 13, 2016, 07:28:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Quote from: PlayAsiaIt is advised to use the cartridge on an emulation-based console, such as the Retro Freak.

:(

Quote from: UglyJoe on December 18, 2016, 06:25:52 am
If you have a Powerpak (and maybe Everdrive?), you can play NSFs right on it.  Although that will only be accurate for music that doesn't make use of expansion audio.

Hardware exists for playing NSFs with real hardware by plugging in cartridges with the needed APU, but those were limited runs, afaik: http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=11416.0

Not on Everdrive yet. That's one thing the Powerpak does better. But expansion audio is useless on the Everdrive anyway.
Yeah that one is cool but expensive and limited run as you say.
Looks like Kevtris did make an FPGA thing.

UglyJoe

Quote from: MWK on December 18, 2016, 09:47:32 am
Cool, but does they also sell (or would be selling) that EXP port audio adapter?
To be honest - I'd snag that thing alone, but if it comes only bundled then... 8)

It doesn't look like they have the "8Bit Sound Adapter" for sale.  I have only seen it on Amazon Japan bundled with the cartridge: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01N4C0CSP

MWK

Copy that UJ and if it comes to that, I think I will follow that lead, however I'd more likely appreciate the deal with play-asia, at least now, at the moment.
Time will tell, I'm not rushing it. :mario:

poodude

Quote from: P on December 18, 2016, 10:08:39 am
Quote from: PlayAsiaIt is advised to use the cartridge on an emulation-based console, such as the Retro Freak.

I wouldn't worry about it not running on your Famicom. I have the original music power and kirakira carts and they both work perfectly on my original Famicom.

Cool thing about getting the new cart from Amazon is the exclusive artwork it comes with. Play Asia is cart only. I did pre-order the music power magazine, it looks fantastic.

UglyJoe

Quote from: poodude on December 22, 2016, 10:04:55 pm
Quote from: P on December 18, 2016, 10:08:39 am

I wouldn't worry about it not running on your Famicom. I have the original music power and kirakira carts and they both work perfectly on my original Famicom.

Quite a few of us had issues running the first 8BIT MUSIC POWER on official hardware, so I would say the concern is legitimate.

Great Hierophant

Fortunately, Kira Kira Star Night DX, Columbus Circle's second release, was reported to have minor instead of major compatibility problems with Famicoms.  The 8Bit Music Power Final cartridge should be just as compatible.  If they are marketing an audio adapter, that indicates a general compatibility push.  There is no need for a specially constructed audio adapter for an AV Famicom.  Using one for any of the pre-AV Famicoms allows you to bypass the RF adapter and its filtering.
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

xIceMan

Late bump.
I can approve it works inside a Famicom but I can't dump the cart.
If anyone has successfully dumped 8Bit Music Power FINAL please PM me.