Using Tonkachi Editor With FDSStick

Started by aitsu124, December 23, 2016, 07:34:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aitsu124

I dug up some interesting "codes" for FDS Mario games, but the require Tonkachi Editor. I've tried to use my FDSStick, but keep getting Error 24. I've read that this sometimes would happen with the editor, but I'm not sure how frequently or exactly what error it'd get. So, essentially, can the FDSStick write data to roms? Or is there something else about Tonkachi Editor I'm missing?
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

P

FDSStick can write data to a file (when saving in a game for example).

Error 24 means that the header for a file isn't where it's expected to be.

I guess the disk image could be corrupt. Since the FDS disk image file format doesn't include the CRCs, they are calculated and added when you use the FDSStick tool to transfer your disk images to the FDSStick. And that means the CRCs won't catch any corruption errors if the image was corrupt before you transferred it.

Does the Tonkachi Editor disk image work in emulators without errors?

aitsu124

The image isn't corrupt, it works on emulators and also works on FDSStick up until and through the writing. All of Aitsu's devices (and thus presumably others as well) seem to require an FDS to be write-enabled, so I guess I should probably first test to see if it can copy games onto a blank rom.
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.