New Twin owner

Started by Devalis, February 12, 2017, 06:57:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Devalis

February 12, 2017, 06:57:21 am Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:33:06 pm by Devalis
Just got my first Twin in the mail the other day and was excited to get it working.  I got the belt replaced and hacked a power supply to work with it. Good news is, it works, but I'm having trouble calibrating the disk drive.  I've gotten it to load my two games, Zelda and Murasame Castle, but Zelda won't go past the start screen (no repsonse to inputs) and Murasame Castle is hit and miss on loading, but I've played it some.  I was wondering if anyone has thought about a mod to use an FDSSTICK to replace the disk drive and use the eject button as the side changer?   Would be a cool way to reuse those junk drives.

Post Merge: February 13, 2017, 08:33:06 pm

I got it working!  My Mysterious Murasame works great, but I think my Zelda bit the dust :(.  I may have to see about getting it rewritten.

Elrinth

Get a Famicom Disk System RAM Adapter and the FDSStick, it rules! :D
But yeah, like you say, you can use the FDSStick with the Twin Fami aswell, but you'll need to create the cable yourself.

HokusaiXL

You have to flip Zelda to side B.  Title screen will accept no inputs as there's nothing past it.
I don't know how to fox. D: