Super Famicom questions allowed?

Started by notapom, December 04, 2020, 03:40:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

notapom

Sorry if we are not allowded to talk about the SFC, please delete if so.

Ok so I have bought a Super Famicom with a super CIC modchip. I am in the UK. I am using the standard composite cable via the multi-out. The SF is displaying in black and white in both 50Hz and 60Hz on my CRT. My OLED displays NTSC in colour but PAL in black and white.

My PAL SNES with a 50/60Hz switch displays both in colour. My CRT is capable of displaying NTSC, I already own many Jap/US consoles. US SNES, Famicom, AV Famicom, Sega Saturn all display in colour.

Even stranger is that my OLED displays NTSC in colour but PAL in black and white?

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Sent from my CPH1825 using Tapatalk

Pikkon

Have you tried a ntsc rgb cable,that should fix your problem.

P

Is there anything else done to it besides installing the Super CIC?

Either way a good RGB cable is ideal. Don't get a cheap one, they are worse than using composite, and make sure it's for NTSC SFC/SNES (and don't use it on your PAL SNES or something may be damaged).
Here is a good one (normally you pick the option with the 470 ohm resistor). If you have an 1CHIP-03 or a Jr, you need a different cable or a mod for adding CSYNC to it.

gorgyrip

it's because your oled doesn't know NTSC 50hz. the same does my LED.
Just use an RGB cable.

P

Does the Super CIC force 50 Hz? In that case why doesn't the one with the 50/60 Hz switch has the same problem on the OLED?