Nintendo 3DS! Nintendo 3DS!

Started by petik1, June 18, 2010, 08:35:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaWolf

I have a Japanese "new" 3DS LL and I can say for sure it is worth the upgrade. The faster load times for everything plus the far improved 3D make it so much better.
Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

zmaster18

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on January 28, 2015, 01:41:45 pm
Why didn't they call it the Nintendo 3DSi? That would have been awesome.

Too confusing, even more confusing than the 'New'. At least the next Nintendo handheld is definitely going to be named something new, unless they just call it 4DS.

nintendodork

January 28, 2015, 05:49:29 pm #47 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:22:01 am by nintendodork
When Nintendo chooses to release the 4DS, it will bring Hell to Earth.

I'm going to get a New 3DSXL at launch because my current Animal Crossing 3DSXL has a sticky circle pad and a loose AC adapter port. I have to position the cord on the charger a certain way for it to make a connection to my 3DS. Really blows. I don't want to send it in to Nintendo because I'm afraid they'll just swap it out for a regular one and I really like the design of my Animal Crossing one.

Also, to remedy the color situation of the New 3DSXL, I've decided that I'm either going to get a custom paint job or this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/212513548/wario-super-mario-nintendo-3ds-xl-decal?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=mario
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

So the US are definitely going to stock the new 3DSXL then?  Glad to hear it if so.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

Quote from: L___E___T on January 29, 2015, 06:15:28 am
So the US are definitely going to stock the new 3DSXL then?  Glad to hear it if so.

Yes.  AC adapter sold separately.  Just like the FDS.  I wish I were joking.

L___E___T

I don't have a massive problem with that, it's the same scenario here.  I'd rather that than every one sold it £10 more and I end up with extra chargers.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

maxellnormalbias

Quote from: UglyJoeYes.  AC adapter sold separately.  Just like the FDS.  I wish I were joking.

...so can you power it with 6 C batteries?

P

Quote from: UglyJoe on January 29, 2015, 07:04:31 am
Quote from: L___E___T on January 29, 2015, 06:15:28 am

Yes.  AC adapter sold separately.  Just like the FDS.  I wish I were joking.
The LL/XL was also without AC adapter though.

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

Quote from: L___E___T on January 29, 2015, 09:14:16 am
I don't have a massive problem with that, it's the same scenario here.  I'd rather that than every one sold it £10 more and I end up with extra chargers.

I'm probably so allergic to it since I worked retail for a bit.

In my experience, gamers probably aren't too bothered by this sort of thing, but parents are.  I had many get pissed when I suggested they buy a PS2 memory card or a second controller when they'd buy the system with games that needed memory cards or were two player. They just want everything in one box at one price.

It may be different in this case if the parents already have a charger from a previous model, but that becomes a fun guessing game of "what handheld console do you really have at home?" ;D

P

It's perfectly understandable that they get angry. They thought they had everything that's needed when they suddenly realize that they have to buy all this extra stuff to even start playing (NES at least came with two controllers). Stores should be able to get around this problem by offering bundles with extra controllers, memory card and the case with 3DS AC-adapters with the main console unit.

For gamers it mostly benefits though (unless Nintendo is charging extra for the AC-adapter) since we often already have the necessary parts, and if we don't we are probably already aware that we need to buy it. When importing a 3DS LL from Japan I'm only thankful that I get a bit cheaper shipping price, and I still need to buy a Swedish AC-adapter for it anyway.

Quote from: nintendodork on January 30, 2015, 12:00:42 pm
The XL was packaged with one in North America. http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Blue-Black/dp/B008GEH9HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422647960&sr=8-1&keywords=nintendo+3ds&tag=donations09-20
Ah! I'm sure it was separate in the Europe 3DS.

Shumi Nagaremono

Picked a New 3DS LL the other night.  Thanks to my two favorite words in the Japanese language, "Hako Itami", it was crazy cheap.

Love this thing!  I can actually PLAY it, even with my freakishly long fingers.

I've been going through my (meager) 3DS collection and REALLY enjoying these games as they were meant to be played.

And, of course, Virtual Console titles look and play *great* as well!

nurd

anybody hear about this?

http://tinycartridge.com/post/114224288107/you-can-make-japanese-new-3dses-region-free-now

maybe after this they'll finally release the normal size n3ds here in america

The XL version probably feels nicer in the hands, but it just doesnt compare to the itty bitty one stylistically (in my opinion  ::) )

P

Interesting! I don't like to loose eShop and such though.

Jedi Master Baiter

May 03, 2017, 07:39:38 pm #59 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:15:22 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
I was fed up with the large size of my 3DS (and the slow load times), so I decided to milk two tits at once: I bought a regular-sized New 3DS.

I'm already happy with it. ;D Now here's the problem: I need to buy a screen protector, but all I see are the XL size. I've been pretty satisfied with the Hori brand, and due to recent fraudulent activity issues, I only use PayPal.

That only leaves me with this one from China, which I'm hesitant to buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HORI-Tempered-Glass-Film-Screen-Protector-For-NEW-Nintendo-3DS-/131488450890?hash=item1e9d52894a:g:eBoAAOSw5dNWhfLS

Edit: I found my unused DSi screen protectors, and one of them works for the bottom screen. So I just need one for the top screen.