NES CLASSIC MINI CLONE EU VERSION

Started by yeeshen33, June 09, 2017, 02:49:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

Great :) nice nice i am so curious if another controller works with this one.

I think is weird if not because they only ship it with one controller and china are mass distribute of third partys nes mini replica controllers but are not compatible with this one...but but we well see :)

L___E___T

July 15, 2017, 02:54:11 am #76 Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 03:02:21 am by L___E___T

Mine arrived yesterday so I will do the test with a few classic controllers I have here.  I'll add that in when I have time to test it - below is a general review, I'm afraid it's not great and there are clear problems with these.

Overall, I was really disappointed with the software and the whole setup, the main point being it's not at all HD, its 240P or so resolution, so everything is really blurred like composite.  The widescreen options are nice, but there are serious issues with the menu software that means at best lag in the menu when browsing and at worst the whole menu slows to a crawl.

The controller feels quite nice actually - much better than with other clones, just the d-pad feels a bit light and twitchy.  After other clones, it's not bad.

I couldn't recommend this though unless you really only want the NES shell, and even then it's not as good as the legit version, you'll see the differences in moulding and precision.  But it's OK for an alternative and looks better than any 3D printed shell you'll find, I'd confidently say.  Nintendo Entertainment System logo is wonky as Obirux mentioned of course :)

The box is very hard to distinguish from a real one, in case someone is for some reason missing a box.  I haven't compared side by side but there are little to no tell tale signs it's fake, it just lacks that final quality of finish.

Oh, my biggest annoyance was that the HDMI cable didn't even work, so it took ages to get the bloody thing to work in the first place.  I thought I had a dud at first, even though you can see the little red LED light up (after ages).

A shame overall, because they had the potential to sell a lot of these, but I think people will wise up after a few reviews saying the same thing and the demand will shrink away.  It's no substitute for the real thing and I'll put a Pi3 inside this one I think, replacing the controller ports and whatever else.  Not sure what to do with the other version just yet, my nephews might really enjoy it but I know they'll like a Pi version much more as well all the same.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

yeeshen33

Now I realised that the same manufacturer,  come out 2 version of products:

Finished products (genuine nes minis) RMB 930/ each.

Byproduct/ Scrap item RMB 260/each

L___E___T

I might buy one more 'genuine' but if I'm honest, I don't think the quality will be any different, the EU version is clearly a copy, it's not an inferior byproduct or prototype version...  I since noticed some clear differences on the packaging.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

yeeshen33

Quote from: L___E___T on July 15, 2017, 05:11:01 am
I might buy one more 'genuine' but if I'm honest, I don't think the quality will be any different, the EU version is clearly a copy, it's not an inferior byproduct or prototype version...  I since noticed some clear differences on the packaging.

They claimed this is the high quality version available?

L___E___T

Ask them to take a picture of the box side that says HDMI on it :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Bebop

July 15, 2017, 08:03:47 am #81 Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:12:40 am by Bebop
Looks they have taken a picture of  the original...

Have you ask why its a quality version? have they updatet with blue plastic bag around the cord ::) polyetenfoam plastic around the console ::) updated the software ??? ?? 

What have they made better to justified a increased price of 670 yuan?? :/

Its easy to claim its a quality version when they not tell why it is...and 920 chinese yuan...yeah right...

yeeshen33

Those items exists in suppliers websites (1688.com) long ago,  I just didn't aware it.

So I believe they are OEM factory,  those items not pass the quality control, sold as poor quality goods with cheap price.  :(

obirux

Well its confirmed nes mini controllers will work on this i picked up the only one aftermarket controller that seems to be selling on the high street
Turbo controller For Nintendo Classic Mini by gioteck, comes with a 3m long cable ;D, cool thing is the turbo function works too

Video link below the Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VpL4m8w9iM

Quote from: yeeshen33 on July 15, 2017, 05:51:44 am
Quote from: L___E___T on July 15, 2017, 05:11:01 am
I might buy one more 'genuine' but if I'm honest, I don't think the quality will be any different, the EU version is clearly a copy, it's not an inferior byproduct or prototype version...  I since noticed some clear differences on the packaging.

They claimed this is the high quality version available?

I think it may be high quality in the sense that they are not being as sloppy with the printing and adding extra packaging to the units. But what about the software as L___E___T mentioned we know its is downgraded regardless of HDMI, and are the bugs fixed at the menu? Playing games seems to look more pleasant at 4:3 but there are still sloppy titles and bugs with some roms or incorrect roms used. if high quality eradicates all this and some sort of software is made available to the public to add roms or tinker with things this would be great for the extra price

Otherwise the lower price units are fine for those Raspberry Pi tinkerers 

:D

Bebop

July 15, 2017, 09:37:20 am #84 Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:52:18 am by Bebop
yeeshen33 Sorry but i dont know if i understand you right but i am sceptic about its a oem factory version, if its was a "quality version" why do they show a poor made controller in the pictures of this "quality version" that are included?
But thats only my opinion :) so dont take that i am nagging on you, we only discuss how you see things and how i see things and what can be true or false :)

Picture of the "quality version" from the website:

Post Merge: July 15, 2017, 09:52:18 am

Great news! then we can assumed the original controller works to :) thanks again obirux :)

yeeshen33

I see your point,   :)

But I  think it is quite usual for worker use the fake controller to test the machine,  so it is not a big deal.  ;D

Bebop

July 15, 2017, 05:15:27 pm #86 Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:41:52 am by Bebop
Quote from: L___E___T on July 15, 2017, 02:54:11 am

Mine arrived yesterday so I will do the test with a few classic controllers I have here.  I'll add that in when I have time to test it - below is a general review, I'm afraid it's not great and there are clear problems with these.

Overall, I was really disappointed with the software and the whole setup, the main point being it's not at all HD, its 240P or so resolution, so everything is really blurred like composite.  The widescreen options are nice, but there are serious issues with the menu software that means at best lag in the menu when browsing and at worst the whole menu slows to a crawl.

The controller feels quite nice actually - much better than with other clones, just the d-pad feels a bit light and twitchy.  After other clones, it's not bad.

I couldn't recommend this though unless you really only want the NES shell, and even then it's not as good as the legit version, you'll see the differences in moulding and precision.  But it's OK for an alternative and looks better than any 3D printed shell you'll find, I'd confidently say.  Nintendo Entertainment System logo is wonky as Obirux mentioned of course :)

The box is very hard to distinguish from a real one, in case someone is for some reason missing a box.  I haven't compared side by side but there are little to no tell tale signs it's fake, it just lacks that final quality of finish.

Oh, my biggest annoyance was that the HDMI cable didn't even work, so it took ages to get the bloody thing to work in the first place.  I thought I had a dud at first, even though you can see the little red LED light up (after ages).

A shame overall, because they had the potential to sell a lot of these, but I think people will wise up after a few reviews saying the same thing and the demand will shrink away.  It's no substitute for the real thing and I'll put a Pi3 inside this one I think, replacing the controller ports and whatever else.  Not sure what to do with the other version just yet, my nephews might really enjoy it but I know they'll like a Pi version much more as well all the same.

L___E___T are the picture in game bad to?

Can someone contact the manufacturer/developer and try and ask for a new firmware with fixed bugs and tools to update the software, at least software tools to get inside.

L___E___T

Yes the picture is bad - it's just too blurry to be enjoyable.  The official NES mini is 720p I think and I'd love it to be 1080, but it's OK.  But this thing, it's blurrier than a standard AV Famicom to me (although I play only retro games on a CRT and never on an HDTV).  The games aren't laggy like the menu, but I can tell you that I didn't want to play it again at all, honestly.  I don't think updating the software will help FWIW, it feels underpowered...
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Bebop

July 16, 2017, 01:43:52 am #88 Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:05:50 am by Bebop
ah ok to bad and so shame...they could have at least built it decent... :(

NintendoKing

Bebop, Chinese companies only build clone hardware to look nice for sales reasons. They never build it to function well, otherwise where's the profit margin? The only clone I've ever received from China that was of a decent quality was Sport Vii, the pseudo-clone of Wii.