Blinking Light Win (NES Connector Replacement)

Started by FAMICOM_87, June 26, 2017, 09:51:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMICOM_87

June 26, 2017, 09:51:11 am Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:11:13 am by FAMICOM_87
this clone did it first !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lJeRoIMPno

skyway1985

That's Awesome! i don't see too many 1:1 NES clones that have an actual ZIF connector! so it dropped right in?
If you need help procuring rare dev equipment and protos, don't hesitate to ask! "I'm teh FdS Masta!"

FAMICOM_87

Quote from: skyway1985 on June 30, 2017, 07:44:44 am
That's Awesome! i don't see too many 1:1 NES clones that have an actual ZIF connector! so it dropped right in?

actually this is not ZIF connector this is regular connector  like in NES 2 :)

skyway1985

I mean the original connector on the clone. was it zif like original? I have the BLW in my front loader :)
If you need help procuring rare dev equipment and protos, don't hesitate to ask! "I'm teh FdS Masta!"

FAMICOM_87

June 30, 2017, 01:19:45 pm #4 Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:26:17 pm by FAMICOM_87
Quote from: skyway1985 on June 30, 2017, 01:14:25 pm
I mean the original connector on the clone. was it zif like original? I have the BLW in my front loader :)

Man, THIS IS the stock connector on the clone! hahaha  :crazy:
So the  BLW they just took idea from those clones !!!

As you can see inside it hase a second 60 pin port for "integrated" games (you can put any famicom PCB inside, and if there is no  :redcart: in the firs slot, you will get those from the second if any :)

Post Merge: June 30, 2017, 01:24:18 pm

skyway1985

OMG Famicom I feel like an idiot! I didn't read that you said it did it FIRST!!!! LOL

FAMICOM_87

Jedi Master Baiter

Am I the only one who finds that BLW device a little over-engineered for its purpose? I mean, cutting the lockout pin solves the majority of these issues. Replacing the connnector only has to be done once in about every 15 years. And the BLW apparently still has the death grip issue I have with my replacement connectors, which I don't even have to push down on.

What I would like to know is if someone made something like the BLW without the region bypass and the death grip connector? And, if possible, a build that prevents the connector from ever being pushed down? (Oh yeah, and isn't inserting a Game Genie the equivalent of pushing a cartridge down? Won't that ruin it?)

I also cringe at the idea of having an already tiresome meme stickied on my NES.

Regardless, cool concept, and interesting circumstance where a feature of the clone is better than the original model. ;D

FAMICOM_87

On my original NESes I just bend the pins and they work well :)

skyway1985

I only got the BLW to continue testing on my friends FDS to NES adapter. i bent my pins on my nes. but results were inconsistent so went with the BLW to have solid results. mine doesnt death grip any of my carts BTW and my nes10 chip was already disabled. like i said. only for the sake of a consistent testing environment. I couldn't tell if the adapter was causing glitches or the pin set before hand.