Gotta Protectors Amazon's Running Diet

Started by homogenized, September 07, 2017, 10:03:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

homogenized

In celebration of the three year anniversary of the Japanese release of Gotta Protectors, the 3DS sequel to Protect Me Knight on Xbox Live Indie Games, Ancient released a little game called Gotta Protectors Amazon's Running Diet for free on the game's website, both in Japanese and English (the download links can be found at the bottom of the page).  What's interesting is the games are .nes ROMs for for use in an emulator/flashcart, so I thought the people here might find it neat.

The game is a pretty simple "auto run" game: you control the Amazon as she runs through a forest trying to collect water icons to keep herself hydrated while avoiding cupcake icons that decrease her water meter, if the meter empties it's game over.  There are eight stages of increasing difficulty where the game changes the speed and/or throws harder to navigate formations of icons at you, and apparently you're evaluated based how many water and cupcake icons you collected if you reach the end.

P

It's a very simple game made to promote their products and seems to have obvious bugs, but it's pretty cool that Famicom games are still being made by game companies.
It worked fine on my Famicom so that's all good. The Game Over screen is funny. ;D They used NSD.Lib for the music so I guess the game was coded in C using CC65.

BTW I glanced at the comics in that linked page, and in one of them the guy scans the game code by licking the cartridge, and when doing that Family BASIC code appears as a tone in the background. ;D