Fds stick error 02

Started by specialmka, September 08, 2017, 06:53:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

specialmka

Hi , i just ordered the fds stick and ram adapter , got the ram first but its showing error 02 will the stick solve that ?

thanks

P

Error 2 is battery or power supply failure. Yes as the FDSStick runs on the power it gets from the RAM-adapter/Famicom it shouldn't normally trigger this error.

But when exactly do you get this error? It should only happen if the disk drive is connected and has a faulty power supply (usually because poor quality batteries or faulty AC-adapter). It shouldn't happen if you start up the RAM-adapter without the disk drive connected.

zmaster18

I've confirmed that Error 02 can occur if your Famicom system doesn't have the correct power supply, even with no Disk System connected.

Check your power supply for your Famicom or Famicom compatible system.

P

Ah that sounds like a plausible explanation. I bet your Famicom AC adapter is old and faulty, and not feeding a steady voltage level to the system.

Check its voltage with a multimeter, or try another one with the correct specs for Famicom.

specialmka

turns out  i was using it on the retron 1 HD ,

the power supply is USB so probably not enough juice ,  works great on original famicom  ...  

wish there was a solution  ???

thanks for your tips !  :)