Can't get controller to work on FDS

Started by copperkidd, September 25, 2017, 07:37:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

copperkidd

Hey everyone, this is my first post.  I just received my very own Famicom and Famicom Disk System in the mail from Japan and I am beyond excited! The Famicom itself came with Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari and the FDS came with The Hyrule Fantasy: The Legend of Zelda.  I tried out Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari first and it works fine.  Then, I plugged in the FDS, popped in Zelda and got her booted up to the fantastic main screen.  But, no matter what I try, I can't actually get into the game itself.  When I press Start, nothing happens.  None of the buttons seem to register at all.  I thought it might be the controller but when I put Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari back in and fired that up, the only way to begin the game is to press the Start button and when I did, it worked immediately.  So I'm at a loss here... I'm not sure if I'm missing a basic function of the FDS or what, but these are the only two games that I own so far and I don't know what else to try.  I tried looking this issue up online but came up empty.  Any help you could give me would me much appreciated.  I just want to play Zelda!

Great Hierophant

Here is a hint, in a contemporary Zelda-style : Side of B Holds the Key.
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

copperkidd

In my defense, that was not obvious.  Haha thanks for the help!