Voltage seems right, but no display

Started by FamiJimbo, September 29, 2017, 11:29:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMICOM_87

picture quality is poor , if you disconnect white cable I think it will improve video quality,.
Look in the TV menu type of analog search to be cable TV not aerial antenna.
If not work do not use the nitnendo gray RF box,   try direct with cable that I showed to you in the previous post
:)

P

Quote from: FamiJimbo on October 09, 2017, 10:45:45 am
Apparently now I can tune without connecting the white cable

The reason the RF Switch has an extra female RF port is because it's made to be able to connect both the antenna and the Famicom to the TV at the same time. If you don't use the antenna there's no reason to connect it.

FamiJimbo

October 10, 2017, 02:33:02 am #32 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:37:45 am by FamiJimbo
Quote from: P on October 10, 2017, 02:30:34 am
Quote from: FamiJimbo on October 09, 2017, 10:45:45 am
Apparently now I can tune without connecting the white cable

The reason the RF Switch has an extra female RF port is because it's made to be able to connect both the antenna and the Famicom to the TV at the same time. If you don't use the antenna there's no reason to connect it.

Yes I know,  but at first I couldn't really finetune much of my TV(before I plugged the white cable in), everytime I would reach the right frequency but the TV would just skip it. That's why I thought I needed it.

The cable I bought had a Male and Female connector, but I found out I need a different cable because this one doesn't fit/have the right connectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Merge: October 10, 2017, 11:37:45 am

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on October 07, 2017, 02:43:12 pm
this is my coaxial cable :) just make the same, and connect it directly from the famicom to the TV Coaxial input :)

Did you buy those adapters from the internet? If so what are they called?

FAMICOM_87

I get them from a local shop for electric and building materials  :)

FamiJimbo

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on October 10, 2017, 12:42:45 pm
I get them from a local shop for electric and building materials  :)

Do you know how they're called? Because the one with the pin sticking out isn't available in the stores I've been to

P

Coaxial heads shouldn't be hard to find in a common household hardware store. In Sweden that would be Clas Ohlson, Biltema or possibly Jula, Bauhaus or maybe even Ikea.

FamiJimbo

Quote from: P on October 11, 2017, 04:34:05 pm
Coaxial heads shouldn't be hard to find in a common household hardware store. In Sweden that would be Clas Ohlson, Biltema or possibly Jula, Bauhaus or maybe even Ikea.

They arrived in the mail and fit my cable, I've already tried them as well. But no sound yet, just the static sound of white noise while I do have display..

FAMICOM_87

can you post the new pictures, to see the quality :) ? If you have a chance try on another but CRT TV

FamiJimbo

I'm sorry for the late reply, but the video quality is still the same. When I boot the Famicom the quality is bad and greyscale, but that is fixable with tuning the channel.

There is still no sound though, the Radio trick doesn't work either for me, can it be that the solder on the sound-pin of the CPU or something is dry or something?? ???

P

Yeah maybe the solder may be cracked somewhere along the line or something. Either way I think it's a good idea to rule out that there's a problem with sound output first. I think you should be able to tap sound directly from cartridge connector pin 46. If you don't want to solder you could carefully put crocodile clips on pin 46 and ground and connect them to the corresponding pins on a headphone or other speaker (it's mono so you only need one speaker).

FamiJimbo

I'm sorry for my absence and I have a question, is it possible to post pictures on how to do it exactly?

Last time I tried it, I got no sound at all so I think I didn't do it right. :'( :'(