Taiwan version Famicom games

Started by fcgamer, October 23, 2017, 09:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

As I was cataloging and going through my games, I had pulled a few aside that had the stickers on them, basically from my understanding they are stickers just proving that the cart was imported for sale here, that these are legit cartridges, official software (and not bootlegs), etc. 

I had seen these stickers before, but last night I had thought about it a bit, and a question had struck me, which I will present below:

Would / should these games be classified as Taiwanese versions, and worthy of documenting what I have seen / found so far, or should they just be considered as Japanese version games, with import stickers on them?

In the past, I've always taken the latter stance, since only the sticker marks it as not having been for sale in Japan, and I presume that almost any game **could have** potentially been imported into Taiwan, and trying to document everything that had actually been imported here officially would be impossible, I feel.  However:

South African version NES games are just Hong Kong version games with stickers placed on top.  Sonic (the USA version) on SMS is just the Euro version with a barcode sticker added.  I also seem to remember an instance with one or two of the SNES Korean games, though I could be remembering wrong.  Either way, I'm not sure how all of the above would "count" and be worth documenting, if these carts are in somewhat of a similar situation. 

Feelings and thoughts?

I'll post a picture later of one of the carts, I'm just waiting for it to arrive from my phone to my email account, and today the service has been slow.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com