WTB: Micro Genius IQ-501

Started by umjammercammy, November 14, 2017, 05:27:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

umjammercammy

November 14, 2017, 05:27:25 pm Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:37:04 pm by umjammercammy
I'm gonna go ahead and recycle my last WTB thread.

I'm interested in getting my hands on a Micro Genius IQ-501, preferably an NTSC model if possible since I dunno how to convert a PAL system.

One of these dudes.

umjammercammy

I edited the title/first post to repurpose this WTB thread so that way I'm not cluttering anything up.

Either way, bump.

umjammercammy

Also looking for the following official/licensed JP Famicom carts:
Popeye
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3
Wrecking Crew
Fantasy Zone
Fantasy Zone II
Twinbee
Parodius
Joy Mech Fight

Would be interested in getting multiple from one seller in order to cut down on shipping. Almost half of those are early pulse carts.  :redcart:

fcgamer

Hi mate, still working on the other clone I had mentioned in the last pms we exchanged; I'll let you know when it goes out, probably sometime next week :)

About this Micro Genius machine:  I love the design and look of it.  At one point I had two, one was NTSC and one was PAL (which was gotten from a guy in Australia of all places, probably distributed by Spica down there), but sadly I at one point got rid of the PAL version I had, probably when I had moved in 2016, and the NTSC one I have I'm not selling, but it also doesn't work.  No idea what is wrong with it.

I'd love to own one of these boxed some day.  Good luck with the search!
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

umjammercammy

Quote from: fcgamer on December 01, 2017, 09:13:34 am
Hi mate, still working on the other clone I had mentioned in the last pms we exchanged; I'll let you know when it goes out, probably sometime next week :)

About this Micro Genius machine:  I love the design and look of it.  At one point I had two, one was NTSC and one was PAL (which was gotten from a guy in Australia of all places, probably distributed by Spica down there), but sadly I at one point got rid of the PAL version I had, probably when I had moved in 2016, and the NTSC one I have I'm not selling, but it also doesn't work.  No idea what is wrong with it.

I'd love to own one of these boxed some day.  Good luck with the search!

Hi fcgamer. Yeah, I think the design on these is really cool. :) I like the front buttons on the console, the eject button reminds me of the Twin Famicom's.

I'm sorry yours doesnt work :(, I think if I were in that scenario I'd replace all the socketed chips or check to make sure everything that's supposed to be soldered down on the main PCB has stayed that way over time.

umjammercammy

I'm still interested in picking up one of these.

The carts I mentioned above I was able to find tho.  :)

pirate

How much would you pay for it ?

umjammercammy

Really it varies based on the condition.

fcgamer

Quote from: umjammercammy on May 07, 2019, 07:35:13 pm

Just found one of these last weekend, seems to be one of the original models. Works. If interested please pm me, thanks!
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

umjammercammy

Quote from: fcgamer on May 08, 2019, 10:40:12 am
Quote from: umjammercammy on May 07, 2019, 07:35:13 pm

Just found one of these last weekend, seems to be one of the original models. Works. If interested please pm me, thanks!

Sent a PM your way.  :)