Shitty Asus Customer Support- What to do next?

Started by fcgamer, November 21, 2017, 03:49:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

November 21, 2017, 03:49:55 am Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:48:58 am by fcgamer
November 2nd (Thursday) my notebook battery started acting weird, it didn't want to charge properly. Everything else worked fine. Battery died, wouldn't charge, I took the notebook to Asus official service center and told them of the problem. A little strange, since the notebook is just shy of a year old, but whatever.  They said I'd have my notebook back in about five (presumably working) days.

The next week, I hear nothing from Asus at all.  That Saturday I call them and they say that they haven't even begun to start repairing the machine, they were waiting for a part and needed to change the motherdrive.  Hmm?!  Either way, it was all covered under warranty.  Things still felt wrong though, so I drove over to the service center myself (my computer had been sent to Taipei though, I live in a different city), they told me the same story. They also said the "U" key on the keyboard wasn't working and had to be replaced, very odd since I know that was working fine when I had sent it off.

Well I had to piss away three weeks worth of time, being unable to write for my book, making business online difficult, having to go into my main job early or stay late so I could use the computer to do work for my other job, etc.  Not fun.

Then today I finally got my computer back.  Things still felt a bit odd though, and then I realized it...the touch screen won't work!  I will be doing more research tonight, but I cannot find anything relating to the touch screen on my computer now, when looking under settings, etc.  Call me paranoid, but it's as if when repairing things, they took a cheaper motherboard or something, and nixed the touch screen features.  I really don't know what to think, will do more research tonight, but if not, I'm heading back to the shop.

What sort of action do you think is reasonable?  I find the whole thing to be very frustrating, their customer service had been poor (they never told me of the delay, for example, I had to call after them, etc).  I don't want to wait another few weeks without the notebook, but I also use the touch screen feature quite often.

Solutions:

-Demand that they put this in the front of the queue, get it back by Friday.
-Demand an extended warranty, so I can get it serviced at my leisure (my warranty should expire either this month or next).
-Say nothing and suffer silently.
-Other?

Edit:  I knew the screen didn't feel right from the start, just enabled the touch screen feature and it doesn't work, obviously either this is a totally different computer than what I had sent them originally, or it's a Frankensteined creation.  I think it the latter as the bottom of the case has a mark on it, which my old notebook also had, but that screen isn't a touch screen at all.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

P

Motherdrive? They meant motherboard I guess? The U-key may have broken without you noticing it, but it sounds weird that so many things breaks after they changed the board on a relatively new computer. Maybe they picked a cheaper one like you said.

I'd want them to fix it as soon as possible, it makes you no good to wait.

jpx72

Yo have no other choice then to give it for repairs again. Preffetably do a video on a phone showing the problem, helped me a lot when I had similar experience. Lenovo.
Get a paper notice about the repair after each one, if it happens a 3rd time, you can ask for money refund ("lost trust in the product"). At least here it works this way.