Mini Famiclone NOAC

Started by FAMICOM_87, November 26, 2017, 04:37:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMICOM_87

November 26, 2017, 04:37:32 am Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:53:13 am by FAMICOM_87
Here is my mini famiclone from aliexpress "CoolBaby RS-36" , there is no pictures from inside on the internet, so I decided to post .
As you can see , the power switch is in the wrong position and it is soldered little off , and the eject lever is backwards (I can fix that, by torating it and drill new hole for the screw ). I plan to add RF modulator too ,and make joysticks hard wired like on the original famicom :) The d-pads are not precise they are awful actually , so have to fix this too by adding in the middle something, so you can not press the hole thing at once  ,
The picture quality on a CTR TV is just fantastic  :o 8)  ! on the LCD is acceptable

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MKmr53SJU2H1VwK0YsDstZzT32jYkrji

FAMICOM_87

I made some upgrades to it :)
Turn the eject lever in the right way , fix power switch (it was soldered  little off) , and add an orange sticker to it like on the original Famicom, And finally for now , add mini RF modulator :)

MasterDisk

Hah! They copied the Cero rating sticker

FAMICOM_87

If you notice they make at lest one right think , witch the original didn't ,and it is the size and number of the back vent hols :) in this clone they are exactly like on the big original Famicom, and on the original Famicom mini classic they are reduced :P  

Bry89

Even if it's just a smaller version of the Famicom, it looks good. One of the better-looking ones at least :P Thanks for sharing :)
https://mindsconnect.jcink.net
Tech-oriented forum. Gamers old and new are welcome.

L___E___T

I have one of these but the build quality (on mine at least) is atrocious.  Controller broke within 48 hours, and the ports are VERY sensitive so they won't last long either.  

I kept it for a Pi Zero project or something similar, but I couldn't recommend this sadly.  At least it was cheap and still fun while it lasted.  

We played a lot of TMNT Tournament Fighters for example, which ironically never appeared on Famicom.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FAMICOM_87

January 15, 2018, 12:52:15 pm #7 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 02:56:22 pm by FAMICOM_87
the D pads are very bad but I can show how I fixed them :)
can you show pictures of  your coolbaby 36 :) ?

Post Merge: January 15, 2018, 02:56:20 pm

I will try to explain what the fix is, and why it is a faulty design
I added a head from screw in the center by super glue.
Can you see the black markings on the PCB traces , this is the field that contact rubber touches the traces, not enough especially on the left direction, as you can see the the rubber have i do not know the english word for that shape on the swellings.
So with adding the izolirband on the left side I compensate this thing a bit, only in this direction it the problem . sorry for my bad english explanation  :-[

L___E___T

I could take some snaps but I think I threw the box and other bits away - otherwise it's the same system.  

I haven't taken it apart yet - but in my case, the B button on P2 controller straight up snapped off and fell out...

I managed to get it back on and in place with some tape, but as you can imagine it's not ideal.  

Then the pins on the controller port started to look like they were bending because the holes don't match up 100%.  

This was only on day two - so I thought what else will break on days three and four for example...

This was after an hour or so of 'regular' play from a four year old, so nothing too demanding!

I put it by and will do something similar to what Obirux did with his.  You can see pics here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/56904991/Console-Builds

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FAMICOM_87

oh thanks very cool projects ! especially I like  N64 with wooden front :)
How he managed to cover the hols from controllers on the mini  famiclone front and add USB ports it is like factory work! genius! Only one thing is to rotate the cartage leaver in the right position :)
:D

prince tomato

Do they make a version that plays carts as well?
That would be a nice one to have...

FAMICOM_87

As you can see the rubber contact pad can reach the PCB traces only by half surface  :gamer:
I managed to solve the issue with D-pads not do do every time diagonals , so now they always can do diagonal and even sometimes unwanted  :-[
The issue is from the rubber design to prevent unwanted diagonals, because of the tiny dimensions of the d-pad , but they can be performed very hard  , so I decided to add some hot silicone and shape it with scalpel knife to fill the gaps between plastic and rubber   :)

FAMICOM_87

I have one NOAC mini NES, but I get only garbage on the screen. I have a filling that in the factory they forgot to add the other blob , see the pictures.