Virtual Boy Suddenly Has No Picture or Sound

Started by aitsu124, December 02, 2017, 03:01:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aitsu124

After using a multimeter, I finally found out that the tap's dead. It was tested by the seller, worked the first time I used it, I use the AC adapter almost every day on my FC, so I have no clue why it died.
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

NintendoKing

Well that's unfortunate, as you are out about $30. Can the tap be returned?

aitsu124

Unfortunately not, as it worked the first time and the seller said not to use it outside of Japan without a step-down converter (like you hear people say sometimes, even though I don't use on and my FC and SFC have worked fine for years), so I believe he's protected. And I don't feel like trying to get it shipped back to Japan even if they did take it back, so I'll just cut my losses.

At least Donkey Kong 3: Dai Gyakushuu will be dumped, though...
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

Pikkon

Not sure as I don't have one but the tap looks like a pass through,open her up and test for continuity.

Also you can use a sega model 1 psu on it as well.

L___E___T

I also thought the tap was a pass through - it is essentially a way to hold the power plug in place right?  If you don't want to use batteries.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

Before I had a power tap, I had a acid damaged battery pack that I cleaned up and wired directly to a Sega Genesis model 2 power adapter. It worked fine until I eventually bought all 3 of the power adapter variants.