FS: Tiny Toon Adventures 3 for Genesis

Started by Bramsworth, December 16, 2017, 06:31:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bramsworth

I haven't posted here in a long time  :-[

Looking for a little extra cash so I thought I'd sell off my spare copy of Tiny Toons 3 for Genesis. If there's any unlicensed Genesis collectors here then you know how rare this is. This is the same cart that the ROM dump came from that produced all those fake reproductions you can now find on eBay  :upsetroll: To my knowledge I've still yet to ever see an original copy like this one here for sale anywhere, so it's still one of the rarest on the system.

Price is $70. The box isn't the original and I'm adding it just for extra protection. Refer to the pics for condition. I'd say it's generally fair. If there's any takers then get back to me with your info so I can calculate shipping. Thanks guys!

Bramsworth

Hmm, surprised not one person has contacted me anywhere. Guess unlicensed rarities aren't really popular anymore  :(

L___E___T

Did you try selling it on SEGA 16 and places like that?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Bramsworth

Yep, no attention there either.

This thread has over 1000 views and not one person anywhere has msgd me about it  :o I guess I'll just hold onto it as a second copy, not worth bumping topics any further since unlicensed Megadrive games I don't think are that popular to begin with these days.

fcgamer

Yeah, I have one of these, boxed.  My relationship with unlicensed Sega has been love-hate:  I have had probably about 90% of all of the unlicensed Sega carts (sans the Korean / modern Russia stuff), but not all at one time.  When I first found some of them, I had kept them, but then after running out of play money to dedicate towards my Famicom collection, I sold most of them off to fund that.  Later I decided I wanted to collect the unlicensed Sega games anyways and I started to rebuy them back, albeit for higher prices and often not in as nice of condition (and some I still haven't found again).

When I sold mine, I think the most I ended up getting was around $30, and that was after sitting on it for months.  Like you, I also feel the game is worth much more (and that goes for all of this unlicensed Sega / Famicom / Game Boy stuff, Sintax, etc, you know what I mean).  The stuff is rare, and a lot of it is fun, but there is just so little information, it is too obscure, and most people view it as pirates.  And then sadly, the repro market I am sure takes away some of the sales too, from gamers wanting to play.  So finding a collector who wants it, yes it is certainly possible, but sometimes the best thing is just to wait, as it can be hard to sell.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Bramsworth

Quote from: fcgamer on January 26, 2018, 05:09:50 am
Yeah, I have one of these, boxed.  My relationship with unlicensed Sega has been love-hate:  I have had probably about 90% of all of the unlicensed Sega carts (sans the Korean / modern Russia stuff), but not all at one time.  When I first found some of them, I had kept them, but then after running out of play money to dedicate towards my Famicom collection, I sold most of them off to fund that.  Later I decided I wanted to collect the unlicensed Sega games anyways and I started to rebuy them back, albeit for higher prices and often not in as nice of condition (and some I still haven't found again).

When I sold mine, I think the most I ended up getting was around $30, and that was after sitting on it for months.  Like you, I also feel the game is worth much more (and that goes for all of this unlicensed Sega / Famicom / Game Boy stuff, Sintax, etc, you know what I mean).  The stuff is rare, and a lot of it is fun, but there is just so little information, it is too obscure, and most people view it as pirates.  And then sadly, the repro market I am sure takes away some of the sales too, from gamers wanting to play.  So finding a collector who wants it, yes it is certainly possible, but sometimes the best thing is just to wait, as it can be hard to sell.

fcgamer, the only person who understands me lol. I wonder if we both got our boxed copies from the same Ruten seller a few years back. Did yours come with a manual? After finding Lion King 2 with a manual I've become convinced all Gamtec games originally had one, but I doubt I'll ever see any of their other stuff like TT3 with one. Wish people took better care of their stuff.

You couldn't be more right about it, this stuff is pretty rare, but repros and stuff have ruined it. Plus unless you're an geek wad for unlicensed stuff like you and I you'll likely not understand what's an original copy as opposed to just some repro  :-[ So no one places much value on an "original" copy of this.

Anyway I'm not too annoyed about it, Nintendo definitely has more fanfare even when it comes to unlicensed stuff today, so I can't do much.