Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 09:45:19 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Is my 'A link to the Past' demake cart damaged?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is my 'A link to the Past' demake cart damaged?  (Read 1226 times)
crazyjesse
Disk System
Australia Australia

« on: January 10, 2018, 08:04:43 AM »

Hello friends, so recently I have been streaming playthroughs and speedruns of bootleg/demake famicom games on twitch.tv/crazy_jesse (shameless self plug) and when I get up to moldorm, if I hit him with sword, boomerang, cane of byrna, ice rod, fire rod, the game crashes. I was able to eventually beat him by using the dash attack which for some reason works. I watched some emulator runs and the problem isn't there and so I was wondering if any of you have this cartridge and have experienced this. I am playing on an official AV famicom unmodified.

EDIT: Also tested on my famiclone and it crashes there also. Oh and I put this in this thread because I'm not actually asking for repairs or anything, just it this was typical for this cart.

Cheers,
Jesse

Post Merge: January 12, 2018, 08:37:37 AM
I bought another copy of the game in a bulk deal and it crashes too. Now either I've got some really bad luck or it's systemic. Please help me out with this peeps, I'd really like to get a working copy but if none work then I won't bother.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:37:37 AM by crazyjesse » Logged
Great Hierophant
Disk System

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »

A photograph of the cart would help, but it is probably so cheaply made that your issues are likely endemic to the run.

Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/
NintendoKing
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:33:26 AM »

My copy was like that too so I assume the game is just incomplete; thus it was programmed to crash.
Or itís just terribly programmed, like all games by Waixing.
crazyjesse
Disk System
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 01:40:15 AM »

My copy was like that too so I assume the game is just incomplete; thus it was programmed to crash.
Or itís just terribly programmed, like all games by Waixing.
Thank you so much. Also it is actually complete and you can get past Moldorm if you use the dash attack. This took quite a while for me to do. Well complete is subjective but you can get all the way to Ganon and win the game.

EDIT: I've had even MORE reports of this game crash, so I'm pretty sure it's a bug on all carts. Don't fear, dash to clear!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:42:52 AM by crazyjesse » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: