Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 10:04:09 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Technical & Repair Assistance (Moderators: manuel, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Stiff Famicom Eject Lever?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stiff Famicom Eject Lever?  (Read 300 times)
Rockman
Famiclone
United States United States

« on: January 11, 2018, 05:00:21 AM »

Hello, I recently ordered a Famicom off of Ebay, and the seller claimed to have cleaned and tested the system. Sure enough, it works, although I do have one minor concern: having never owned a Famicom prior, I have no clue if the eject lever is supposed to be so difficult to pop out a game. Itís nothing too terrible, it just requires a good bit of force, and is also a bit squeaky. Just wanted to know if that was a normal thing or not, and if thereís anyway to fix it if not. Thanks in advance.  Grin
Frank_fjs
AV Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:44:31 AM »

The eject mech is never particularly great, I don't think many people actually use it.

How stiff it is depends on how greatly the cart connector grips the cart. In one way it's good being stiff, as this suggests a tight fit of the cart in the connector which may suggest less use/fatigue and is prone to creating a better connection. There seems to be different types of cart connectors used in various revisions of Famicoms, some tight and some loose. Some with a metal shroud and others without.

Regarding squeeking, dismantle the console and apply a little lubricant to the spring and moving parts of the eject mechanism. I always do this after a dismantle and wash.
Rockman
Famiclone

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »

Alright, thank you for the confirmation. I was just a tad worried that I had a bad Eject Lever or something, but if you say thatís just a normal thing that some variants have, then iím at ease.
Pikkon
Twin Famicom

Octoroc Hunter

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:00:15 AM »

Usually if there's to much tension on the screws it can cause the lever to become very stiff.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: