WORLD WEED LEGALIZAZATION :D

Started by smeghead, March 11, 2018, 07:28:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

Wow my eyes have been opened a bit. I have now seen first hand someone slip in to a serious psychosis with the assistance of marijuana. It clearly is not for everyone. I'm so glad it has a positive effect on me and my life, and I will continue to enjoy it as long as it stays that way.

I actually just bought 2 ounces so I should be set for a few weeks hopefully. 

L___E___T

I have also seen that - which is why the whole 'it's 100% harmless" mantra grates with me a bit.  It might be super beneficial for someone, but I've seen others fall down a slippery slope thanks to it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zmaster18

Quote from: MaxXimus on April 11, 2018, 12:04:42 pm
Wow my eyes have been opened a bit. I have now seen first hand someone slip in to a serious psychosis with the assistance of marijuana. It clearly is not for everyone. I'm so glad it has a positive effect on me and my life, and I will continue to enjoy it as long as it stays that way.

I actually just bought 2 ounces so I should be set for a few weeks hopefully. 

Some people just can't deal with it, but maybe they had a strain of cannabis that didn't give them their desired effect. I feel like a lot of first time users get a bad experience because the strain they had wasn't the best for them.

For example, I pretty much only like sativa. Indica simply makes me too tired to do anything important! Sativas keep me going all day long and I'm just doing task after task, nice and relaxed and mellow. It obviously makes the boring tasks fun ;)

For anyone in Canada, I recommend buying online from British Columbia mail-order cannabis websites. It's professional, safe, and you get what you pay for. Even when cannabis is legal this July, I will only buy from BC instead of from the government-owned retail stores here in Ontario. I'd rather support the little guy (real farmers) over the government.

MaxXimus

To be 1000% honest I've been using a MOM over my LP since the end of December. I will continue to as the price and selection can't be beat. There is something for everyone with the one I use.

In terms of this person trying a different strain, they can never smoke it again sadly. We have to convince them of that though. He has been admitted to the hospital a couple times lately and yesterday I had a court ordered warrant made for a forced psychiatric evaluation. More or less he has completely lost touch with reality for the last few weeks and is convinced he is a god and I'm lucifer and he's staring off in to space for hours. He is convinced he can transform his eyes in to snake eyes and that he will be the ruler of the world which is actually all made up and a figment of his imagination which he is writing like a book. There is so much more and it gets way worse but it's too exhausting to talk about anymore.

nintendodork

Didn't you mention in a different thread that he was off his meds too? I think that probably has more to do with it than his marijuana use. I definitely agree that it isn't a good thing for everyone, but I think using any substance--even alcohol--would have had the same or worse effect.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

April 13, 2018, 03:56:43 am #20 Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:03:38 am by L___E___T

The thing is with this stuff is that it accelerates mental health issues if they are lurking there.  The part of the brain it interacts with is the same part where certain mental health issues spring from.

So in short, if you're deep down unaware of something that might be there - THC will basically exacerbate it.  Because THC is a psychoactive component, it engages the same part that is linked to mental health issues like Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia.  That's not to say that anyone who enjoys it will get these conditions - or people with those conditions enjoy THC.  But there is a known and proven biological link.

In other words, some people have these mental issues already, for some people they are lurking and in those cases for example THC can bring them out.  Alcohol doesn't do that, it poisons in other ways.

There's more on this here - but it's not a Pro or Con piece - just looking at the biology of it all: https://cosmosmagazine.com/biology/infographic-how-cannabis-works

Some people turn their nose up and completely refute the evidence, but I've found when I talk to people about this it's usually just good old cognitive dissonance.

Not trying to limit anyone's freedoms here - would just like to ensure people can make informed decisions because this kind of evidence wasn't taught in schools 20 years ago.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。