URGENT - The undumped Donkey Kong 3: Dai Gyakushuu is up for auction!

Started by aitsu124, December 12, 2017, 10:43:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aitsu124

Quote from: Retrospectives on February 27, 2018, 01:15:23 am
Thanks for videos aitsu.

Things to notice: The flag you talking about is called an S-Flag or here in Japan as the "スペシャルフラッグ" (Special Flag), it just give you bonus points and nothing more. It is actually a property of Namco and first occured in the game Rally-X. It's common as a cameo in different Namco games. I have also seen it being unofficially used in other games from other companyes.

Back in the day it is common knowledge that cameos and even sound effects that are used internally by a company was normal. Example in Metroid/Kid Icarus which share it's engine, even enemies e.t.c. Regards of this DK3 game, when you shoot DK and hit him, it makes the same or very similar sound as when eating ecstasy pills in Devil World.

I notice you got some issues with sound and save state in Xmil. I will send another emulator to you, but please add BIOS files yourself.

Thanks for the emulator, I can now use save states and it runs better overall.  :)

If it's not the flag that's doing it, do you know how the player is skipping stages here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXCxpVOyOYI&t=568s
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

Retrospectives

Quote from: aitsu124 on February 27, 2018, 01:57:34 am

Thanks for the emulator, I can now use save states and it runs better overall.  :)

If it's not the flag that's doing it, do you know how the player is skipping stages here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXCxpVOyOYI&t=568s

Save states just to demonstrate the different levels?  :)  As far as key operations are executed it's just like the manual says. TK: 4 and 6 + Space so I really doubt the flag does something special.  ;)

Anyway, glad emulator worked. Only times I use Xmil is for debug and other things not related to direct gameplay.

aitsu124

Quote from: Retrospectives on February 27, 2018, 02:07:55 am
Save states just to demonstrate the different levels?  :)  As far as key operations are executed it's just like the manual says. TK: 4 and 6 + Space so I really doubt the flag does something special.  ;)

Anyway, glad emulator worked. Only times I use Xmil is for debug and other things not related to direct gameplay.

Interesting. Huh. Well, thanks for the assistance with this. I'll respond to your PM tomorrow as it's very late in the US right now and I've got to get some rest.

Post Merge: February 28, 2018, 05:57:08 pm

Posted video showing final stages here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4v18dfU-Sg&t=1s
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

MasterDisk

Featured on the site of one of the largent french association that strive for preserving old games, mo5.com.

French beware.

Retrospectives

Thanks for sharing MasterDisk!  :D

Aitsu, I haven't forgot about you. I'll send you the scans tonight (Japan night).  :pow: