What is your favorite Sega/Genesis game

Started by smeghead, January 27, 2018, 07:42:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

Triple Dash

Any one have thoughts about games such as Alien Soldier, Gleylancer, or Monster World IV? Or any other Genesis/Mega Drive titles on the Wii Shop Channel?

The WSC is starting the first phase of it's shutdown next week and I'm debating on how to add/spend my remaining points.

L___E___T

I grabbed Gleylancer on the Wii VC when it was released and still play it now and then.  Though, I'd recommend playing a translation patch version if possible.

If you simply have to have it - I'd just turn off scenario in the options.  It's a great shooter for a few bucks, but I'd much rather play it on real hardware all the same.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

L___E___T

March 19, 2018, 02:49:18 pm #18 Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:59:59 pm by L___E___T

The official Wii VC emulators are much better than the Homebrew Channel ports mind.

I will be grabbing a bunch of N64 games because they are emulated amazingly and no need to look for sturdy N64 controllers.  

I'm still hoping to be able to play N64 hacks using those OEM emus.

I would definitely recommend getting Akumajou Dracula X Chi no Rondo from the Wii VC before it's too late.  Surely the best cost effective way to play this masterpiece properly.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

L___E___T

March 20, 2018, 01:28:21 am #19 Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:50:10 am by L___E___T

Yeah I saw some bits about the VC Wad injectors.  That's something I was hoping would come around at some point, especially now it's ending.

When I said about ports - I meant the Homebrew Channel SNES9X etc.

Also I heard that the Wii VC port of Dracula X for example has some differences and a smaller ROM.  Same with some other games - Nintendo took the opportunity to fix or change various things.  N64 games for example I understood are improved and look different to an N64 with RGB.

I suppose it's all emulation in any case.  I always like how polished official platform holder emulators (usually!) are.  WiiU for some reason was awful.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

The original Dracula X is a 650 MB CD with redbook audio, I would expect that they compressed the audio and trimmed the CD image or it wouldn't even fit in the Wii's 512 MB NAND memory.

But yeah many things are changed in ROM files of VC games like flashing screens (due to the pokemon shock scandal) and things like rumble pak in N64 games aren't supported at all.

Jedi Master Baiter

Okay, I take everything back I said about Strider. I never really tried to beat the game until now. :diskkun:

English Invader

For me, it's a toss-up between Ghostbusters, Flicky and The Revenge of Shinobi with Shadow Dancer and the original Sonic the Hedgehog lurking in the background.