WTB: Super Mario World, Kart Fighter and other pirate Famiclone/Dendy games

Started by FCGenjin128, February 22, 2018, 08:24:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FCGenjin128

So currently I am working on my collection for Famiclone/Dendy pirated and unauthorized games and have recently found this forum as a resource. Mainly I am looking for games made by Sachen, Hummer, EiHow Yang, and Super Game along with other original bootleg cartridges and am willing to pay a fair price for them.

I have also been searching for a copy of Super Mario World by Hummer (and yes, I know this is one of the most sought after bootleg cartridges) for more than 4 years now as well as an original release of Kart Fighter and willing to pay a very liberal price tag for both of them. For the SMW cart, I honestly don't care if its the demo version, 45 in 1 cart or the full release as long as its an original production and not a repro.

If you have any offers/ information on where I can find said games I would be very grateful. Just let me know how much you want and how much shipping to the US would be.

Thank you for your consideration.

FCGenjin128

A bit of an update here,

If anyone is reading this and knows the value of both Kart Fighter and SMW I would be extremely grateful, I want to make sure that I am offering a fair value for these types of games.

FCGenjin128

Quote from: crazyjesse on February 28, 2018, 06:55:04 pm
Quote from: FCGenjin128 on February 28, 2018, 05:38:02 pm
A bit of an update here,

If anyone is reading this and knows the value of both Kart Fighter and SMW I would be extremely grateful, I want to make sure that I am offering a fair value for these types of games.
The SMW demo cart is somewhat inexpensive ranging from around 30-60 depending on the seller. The 45-in-1 cart that contains the full version is far more erratic. There have been users on this site offering to pay upwards of $300 to get a copy to no avail. Other than this extreme you can expect to pay $100-$150 simply due to the desirability of this cart for collectors. If you actually want to play the game you're better off getting the rom, patching the bad physics, I've lost the forum post that details this but you can fix the jump speed, slopes, and a whole number of other things and actually make the game playable. Once you've done that, krzy can make you a repro for like $30 iirc.

Thank you very much for this info! Know I know what a fair offer for the carts would be!

Post Merge: March 03, 2018, 07:22:29 am

Another update here:

So I recently had an odd experience with two different users on this site: prince tomato and Retrospectives.

prince tomato had a copy of SMW in his advertisement on this forum for "best offer" and Retrospectives contacted me about owning both a copy of SMW and Kart Fighter. I immediately contacted them back with my offer and yielded the same result: even though Retrospectives did intially respond to my messages with us ultimately concluding to do our own research regarding price (hence the reason why I posted about value on this very thread.) I have not had a response from prince tomato in 8 days and Retrospectives in 4, despite my numerous update messages asking if they were still interested in selling or no longer interested.

I understand if people on this site have busy lives and cannot immediately respond, but 7 days is quite a bit of time, and their activity shows that they have been on this board more than enough times to check their inboxes, my question is, is this normal to this forum? Is there some holiday that I am unaware about? Perhaps I am jumping the gun a bit but this type of communication does seem a bit rude and is frustrating; especially when dealing with an item as rare as a bootleg cart like this.

Retrospectives

Normally I never participate in drama. Nor do I seek drama. But I just feeling I want clarify myself for this accusation.

I have been busy. I have small daughter and today was girls celebration day in Japan. Do I priority my daughter more than a new member without any feedback here? Yes. I was going reply and I have been helpful even put those game for you on hold. I even wrote that I don't want to ask you too high price so that's why I recommend the "price check" if someone with more recent knowledge about value would know (Only other member I even knowing owning original Kart Fighter is Masterdisk.) A very nice guy. But if calling me rude for not answering 4 days? I also didn't reply other PM from other members. Is that rude?

I not want debate but I tell you this. I was willing make deal with you...Sooner or later so I especially keep game on hold just for you. That I wrote. But after you question me in public also implying Rude. Never I will sell to you.

Good luck finding Kart Fighter original release. You will not get it from me at least.

I'm not going to cause drama but I'm adult family man. Especially if you look for rare games then patience is the key. Maybe for you not. But members here collected maybe ten years to find their dream game and you complain of 4 days?

But now you have my answer. I'll consider selling those games. But not to you. So please not send me more PM. I have nothing to prove. Good bye.

FCGenjin128

It seems that my tone was far more rash than I intended, my apologies, I also did not intend on implying rudeness on your part, yes I did ask that in my post, but that was more ignorance on my part of the way individuals actually respond to PMs on this site than it was to attempt to portray a poor image of both you and prince tomato, I again apologize. I attempted to keep my tone in that post as neutral as possible, but I am very bad at writing questions and messages on forums.

I again apologize and hope you find a seller 

Post Merge: March 03, 2018, 01:40:20 pm

Quote from: FCGenjin128 on March 03, 2018, 01:35:22 pm
It seems that my tone was far more rash than I intended, my apologies, I also did not intend on implying rudeness on your part, yes I did ask that in my post, but that was more ignorance on my part of the way individuals actually respond to PMs on this site than it was to attempt to portray a poor image of both you and prince tomato, I again apologize. I attempted to keep my tone in that post as neutral as possible, but I am very bad at writing questions and messages on forums.

I again apologize and hope you find a seller 

I also would like to add that I am very inexperience on this site and honestly do not know the respond times to PMs and such. That is also my fault and apologize for jumping the gun.

MasterDisk

I had seen and wanted to reply to the price check request but I eventually forgot. So here's some quick vague estimate for both, with links to recent sales.
Kart Fighter:
Uncommon but at the same time not really sought after (just search on the forum, there are little to no recent WTB thread mentionning it). The last public sale I've seen was that one which closed at about $40 shipped. But it doesn't appear often. So it's just up to the seller and buyer.
Also the cover you're getting, because the game was subsequently released by other manufacturers.

SMW:
Again, if you're in a hurry you can always find one at $90. Otherwise with patience there'll be nicer listings from $40 to $80.

If you're planning to join and stay in the unlicensed collecting train, you'll need patience. I've been riding that train for eight (plus) years and looking for some items for as long.

@Retrospectives: Thanks for the words :blinky: It reminded me of that hot discussion we had about Kart Fighter and I'm still confused a bit about that traditional chinese sticker added.

Retrospectives

FCGenjin128: Apology accepted, but like said. I am not in hurry to sell and it doesn't really make me more hurried up to sell after being hanged out as rude.

Masterdisk:
Totally true. The rarity doesn't per se must equal the price as seem to be a misconception among many collectors. Rather the demand for a title. Or as Warren Buffet would have said: price is what you paid value is what you get.

I remember that discussion, I don't know but I consider both your and mine to be original based on the PCB, but the label is quite confusing.

I would estimate a value of SMW same with you. Regards of Kart Fighter I would valuate it perhaps slightly higher, but maybe not. That based also on Japanese sources as Yahoo Auction. Reproductions recently sold for around 3500 Yen, and I saw original last year original copy went for 7000 Yen, but SMW is in high demand while Kart Fighter seem to be the more rare game so is really up to buyer and seller.

FCGenjin128: Hope you find someone can selling you this. Just wanted make my point clear. Good luck!

fcgamer

Quote from: FCGenjin128 on March 03, 2018, 07:07:13 am
A bit of an update here,

So I recently had an odd experience with two different users on this site: abc and xyz

I understand if people on this site have busy lives and cannot immediately respond, but 7 days is quite a bit of time, and their activity shows that they have been on this board more than enough times to check their inboxes, my question is, is this normal to this forum? Is there some holiday that I am unaware about? Perhaps I am jumping the gun a bit but this type of communication does seem a bit rude and is frustrating; especially when dealing with an item as rare as a bootleg cart like this.

I thought I'd drop off a message since although my name wasn't specifically mentioned, I had also exchanged some PMs with you, and am also guilty of the above sort of situation (i.e. stop writing for a few days, then respond late, etc).  

For me personally, it always feels as though there is never enough hours in the day, TBH.  In the winter, I always feel tired all of the time, so I oftne go home from work and then conk out for a few hours, to wake up later and talk with family / girlfriend / friends on messenger, before heading to bed.  

Other times, I am working on my infamous book project, trying to fulfill requests from friends and what not, play with the cat, go bike riding, playing guitar, etc etc etc.  There just isn't enough hours in the day to get everything done, and this never changes, whether you sleep 4 1/2 hours a day or ten hours a day.

So that's my deal.  Sometimes I'll read a PM, read some posts, then head off to do other things, and the PM sits for a few days while I am pondering it, trying to double check to see whether I still have said item or ot, etc.  

The other two members mentioned on this site are both honest, I am also honest.  Sometimes I can act like an ass on here or elsewhere, but I think it just sometimes comes with the territory, when people get to be overly passionate about something.  In the end though, I guess what I am saying is that I don't think anyone here is trying to be specificlly rude, even though it may sometimes feel that way, and even if there is some delay in shipping or whatever, most everyone on this site are good, honest folks, who stand behind what they do, basically a group of people where a handshake and a smile still has value ;)  

Also, I just thought I'd mention as well, I've been collecting Famicom games for about seven or eight years actively, and have been collecting video games in general for about twenty years.  I've dealt with people from the USA, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Thailand, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Singapore, mainland China, Hong Kong, England, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Luxembourg, Belgium, Italy, Poland, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Ireland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, and probably some other places which I have forgotten at the moment, thought truly from around the globe.  Because of that, cultural expectations and feelings / perceptions of rudeness are also going to be different, same with ideas about timelyness.  I've had to work with people for over a year or so in some cases, to obtain some items.  In the end though, I've had mostly good experiences though, dealing with mostly honest people - it just requires patience.  :)  Good luck, and I'll gladly try to help you find whatever items you need.  

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

FCGenjin128

Retrospectives: Thank you very much for clarifying! I would just like to reiterate that I was not at all intending on portraying either of you as rude - I was just concerned over what a proper response to an offer would be/ accidentally offending someone/ concerned that messages were not sending properly, the reason why I included names was not to call out anyone but just to provide context to the PMs, though looking back I probably should not have done so.

Masterdisk: Thank you very much for providing this info! I want to make sure that I am offering a fair price for these games!

fcgamer: This info is great to know! I don't know the unsaid rules of responses and messaging and was concerned that I was doing something wrong with my PMs. Of course I totally understand that people on this forum simply don't have proper time to constantly check, and I would never expect otherwise. I never intended on portraying any members on this site in a bad light, was again just concerned that I did something wrong, but its clear that my post did not come out that way.

aodinets

Some time ago I bought 2pcb with full improved version of SMW from krzy, for me and my friend.
My frien made a terribly cute label for me=))

Myabe its better way to get this game=)
sorry my english.

FCGenjin128

My apologies for not responding,

you are correct. I am mainly looking to collect these types of games. However I will probably purchase a repro of SMW in the near future, mainly because I am curious as to how it works.

prince tomato

Quote from: FCGenjin128 on March 03, 2018, 07:07:13 am
A bit of an update here,

The SMW demo cart is somewhat inexpensive ranging from around 30-60 depending on the seller. The 45-in-1 cart that contains the full version is far more erratic. There have been users on this site offering to pay upwards of $300 to get a copy to no avail. Other than this extreme you can expect to pay $100-$150 simply due to the desirability of this cart for collectors. If you actually want to play the game you're better off getting the rom, patching the bad physics, I've lost the forum post that details this but you can fix the jump speed, slopes, and a whole number of other things and actually make the game playable. Once you've done that, krzy can make you a repro for like $30 iirc.

Thank you very much for this info! Know I know what a fair offer for the carts would be!

Post Merge: March 03, 2018, 07:22:29 am

Another update here:

So I recently had an odd experience with two different users on this site: prince tomato and Retrospectives.

prince tomato had a copy of SMW in his advertisement on this forum for "best offer" and Retrospectives contacted me about owning both a copy of SMW and Kart Fighter. I immediately contacted them back with my offer and yielded the same result: even though Retrospectives did intially respond to my messages with us ultimately concluding to do our own research regarding price (hence the reason why I posted about value on this very thread.) I have not had a response from prince tomato in 8 days and Retrospectives in 4, despite my numerous update messages asking if they were still interested in selling or no longer interested.

so, i'll join this party a bit late, but dressed for the occasion.
yeah, i remember finding your messages when scrolling through my inbox...
no valid excuse there for not replying,
but similar circumstances as Retrospectives and FCGamer described, i was selling (or trying to) my entire collection around that time,
discussing all kinds of sales with members of multiple forums and marketplaces, and 80% of those conversations were with people that were interested in the same handful of games.
that was a very labourintensive and confusing endeavour,
and in the meantime i think i was either switching jobs, or working overtime at the new job,
and i wasn't really active here FW for a couple of months during and after that time just to avoid the temptation of buying new stuff when i just decided to get rid of the collection.
i did visit the tech and hardware boards every now and then,
because tinkering is a lot cheaper than game collecting.
also, with all of this going on, i wasn't doing so well personally,
so there is a good chance i may have forgotten my manners and the simple courtesy of answering messages.
sorry about that,
it wasn't personal, or meant to be taken in a disrespectful way,
i was just flooded with issues and lost oversight of a lot of stuff,
focussing on bigger or more immediate matters first.