Inconsistent cart behavior

Started by bethoviszt, March 02, 2018, 09:30:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bethoviszt

Hi everyone, thank you for all your messages. I actually bought a second famicom with a disk system and now all of my carts work on first try, so I really don't know what's wrong with my first famicom because it used to worked pretty well and it just stopped when I started cleaning everything...

Nesmaniac: I have used your method for cleaning the pin reader on my first famicom, I have also tried polishing one or two carts at some point with brasso, followed by an immediate rubbing alcohol re-cleaning, and it did not help. I didn't do it for all my carts because I was unsure of the procedure, and also ended up reading somewhere that it might even make the problem worse because of the protective layer it leaves on the surface. Regardless, polish or not, cleaning or not, cleaned connector or not, nothing fixed it. Now all said carts, polished or not, work flawlessly in the second famicom. There is actually one cart that has never worked, regarless of how thoroughly I cleaned it and which famicom it was in.

All this to say: Thanks for your help everybody, now at least I can play all my games! Any ideas on what might be wrong with the first famicom? Can't be the power adapter, I used the same on both famicoms... Also the first one used to play my tennis game almost 100% of the time when I first got it, and then after a few times it just stopped working...