List of Game Genie codes

Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCecil

In the vein of monkeys typing on a keyboard and writing Shakespeare, I made these codes for Mystery Quest on my own quest to find a jump code just by randomly inserting letters:

PZLUNZ - Less enemies
POPPIS - Slide!
ISZXUY - Missing parts of level
SKAPZL - Every enemy drops a star health power-up- change 1st and last letter for other effects
TOZXVT - NEW WORLD! Have fun dropping between sub-areas 1 and 2!
ELPOZL - No enemies, but can't shoot!
NLZPAK - Keep taking damage!
AEPGKI - Shoot Up-Right diagonally!
ALLUUL - new palette

satoshi_matrix

I just finished my first play through of the incredible Zelda 1 hack, Legend of Link.

I'm planning on writing an article about it for my blog and plan to capture specific screenshots for it, playing it through a second time at an execrated rate now that I've played it through.

UglyJoe or someone else, could you please generate a Game Genie code that would allow me to walk anywhere in the overworld? A "walk through walls" code as it were. This would greatly speed up the process of playing through the game with screenshots.

Thanks for any assistance.

UglyJoe

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 04, 2016, 02:38:36 am
UglyJoe or someone else, could you please generate a Game Genie code that would allow me to walk anywhere in the overworld? A "walk through walls" code as it were.

Not sure I could pull it off using Game Genie codes.  I figured out how to "warp" Link around the screen by poking some memory addresses, so that I can get to any edge of the screen and walk to the adjacent screens.  If you use FCEUX, I could write you a LUA script to get you around.

satoshi_matrix

Thanks for looking into it, but I contacted the creator and he helped me out with this.

UglyJoe

Ah, it's cool that they were willing to help you out.

I made the LUA script anyway, though ;D

satoshi_matrix

UglyJoe, I've got something else I'd like to request your help with.

Could you see if you can come up with codes to disable hit detection for all six Rockman games and possibly their US Megaman counterparts as well? This is especially important for Rockman 2, but I would like the same code done for the others as well if you can manage it.

The reason i request this is because I'd like to a mapping series of Megaman ROM hacks, especially for the more elaborate hacks. Make level maps to both admire what the hacker was doing and also be able to write up strategy guides for the most difficult hacks.

For the mapping portion, I need to make sure Megaman can move through enemies and enemy fire as if it isn't there.

UglyJoe

April 19, 2016, 09:08:35 pm #141 Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:34:27 am by UglyJoe
For Rockman 2, you can use both:

ATSTYSOZ AVOVTSSA - works in levels
ATXXISOZ ATNZPSSA - works on bosses

I only tried this on three levels and two bosses.  Instant-death traps will still kill you.  I doubt these will work with advanced rom hacks, though.

(updated the codes with ones that still let you pick up powerups and seem to cause less glitches)

satoshi_matrix

excellent! Thank you so much. What about Megaman 2 NTSC?

UglyJoe

I haven't looked at Megaman 2.  Those same codes might work.

satoshi_matrix

They don't seem to work for Megaman 2, only Rockman 2. Can you see if you can adapt the codes to work with MM2?

UglyJoe

April 20, 2016, 07:24:54 pm #145 Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:39:00 am by UglyJoe
Try these two for Megaman 2:

ATSVZSOZ AVXTPSSA - for levels
ATXXISOZ ATNZPSSA - for bosses

The first one seems to screw up some of the graphics in the opening sequence, so if you see weird stuff while playing, you may need to temporarily disable the cheats.  (This was probably true with Rockman 2, as well, but I didn't check).

(updated the codes so you should be able to pickup powerups now and they don't seem to be as glitchy)

FYI, these codes end up skipping entire routines.  The logic that says, "you've been hit" is getting skipped, but there's a possibility that other stuff is being skipped too.

satoshi_matrix

Truly excellent. Thank you. Could you please see if you can do the same for Rockman 3 and then Megaman 3? I would imagine that the engines are very similar for all six games, so hopefully this won't be too difficult. I'd like this done for all six Rockman games, but 2 and then 3 are the top priority.

Thanks!

UglyJoe

April 21, 2016, 04:02:33 am #147 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:15:06 pm by UglyJoe
Rockman 3 and Megaman 3:

AVOAYESZ - run through enemies and projectiles (seems to work in levels and on bosses)

MarioMania

Umm, You forgot to put what it does

UglyJoe

April 21, 2016, 07:15:37 pm #149 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:46:30 pm by UglyJoe
It's for an ongoing request for satoshi matrix, but I added a description, anyway.

Rockman 4, Megaman 4 (PRG0 or PRG1)

AVKEGOSZ - run through enemies and projectiles