List of Game Genie codes

Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

November 01, 2016, 08:48:16 pm #195 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:42:12 am by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on October 30, 2016, 10:51:36 pm
Bump...UglyJoe, could you please see about Castlevania 1 without bgm next? I wanna do a halloween special. Thanks!

Preliminary codes:

XXKGTZVZ
EEKGYXAZ

This mutes the stage BGM, but the incidental stuff (intro, boss music, game over, ending [probably]) still plays. 

Too late for Halloween, though :-[

satoshi_matrix

Thank you! Even though its late it still is very much appreciated. This will let me do some Castlevania stuff I've wanted to do for a while now. This will be a great result.

The next ones that I'd like SFX only codes for:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Final Fantasy 1
Contra
Earth Bound
Super C

Thanks!

HummerTeam1001

Here's some Game Genie codes for Moai-Kun:  :)

PEEOZYGT - Fall from high places without getting hurt.
SZELGYVG - Infinite Time

LOSTVYLA - Doesn't really help with anything, but enables horizontal side-scrolling in level 3. (There is unused code for horizontal side-scrolling, but it isn't used without hacks or game genie codes)

I also made a bunch of Game Genie codes, one for each level, so you can start on any level you want. I don't remember where I saved them, but later I'll try and find them.

Also, could someone make a Game Genie code for Super Mario Bros. that prevents you from getting extra lives? (Both by 1-ups and by getting 100 coins). I'm making a ROM hack where you have infinite lives, and I want to combine the code that prevents you from losing lives with a code that doesn't let you get lives.

DDCecil

There's these 2 GG codes for the Japanese version of Final Fantasy IIj (NES):

Walk through walls in towns/dungeons:
AAXGVKZZ
Walk faster in towns and dungeons:
ZEVIZGPA

Is there a way to convert them to work on the U.S. Prototype version? Most codes already work with it, but these 2 don't unfortunately. Thanks!

UglyJoe

Quote from: DDCecil on November 06, 2016, 01:28:36 pm

AAXGVKZZ
ZEVIZGPA

Is there a way to convert them to work on the U.S. Prototype version? Most codes already work with it, but these 2 don't unfortunately. Thanks!

Do either of these codes work for you with the Japanese version?  They don't seem to be working for me.

DDCecil

Hmm, both codes work fine for me on the normal FF2j ROM and the FF1 and 2 combo cart ROM:

satoshi_matrix

I've found sometimes it depends on the revision. I couldn't get the Castlevania codes to work until I tried a totally different rom. My actual cart won't accept them.

UglyJoe, when you get a chance, please see about a code for Super Mario Bros. 3. I don't know if youtube will block it without the music. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

UglyJoe

November 07, 2016, 11:48:05 am #202 Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:30:20 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on November 07, 2016, 11:33:39 am
I've found sometimes it depends on the revision. I couldn't get the Castlevania codes to work until I tried a totally different rom. My actual cart won't accept them.

Sorry about that.  I wasn't done making the codes, so I didn't try both roms (there is a PRG0 and PRG1 version).

Post Merge: November 08, 2016, 06:47:57 pm

Quote from: DDCecil on November 06, 2016, 01:28:36 pm

AAXGVKZZ
ZEVIZGPA

AAXKVKZZ

ZEVSZGPA

(FYI, if you find yourself using Mednafen and the cheats aren't working, hit Alt+T to make sure cheats are enabled :-[)

Post Merge: November 08, 2016, 07:28:39 pm

Quote from: HummerTeam1001 on November 06, 2016, 01:17:57 pm
Also, could someone make a Game Genie code for Super Mario Bros. that prevents you from getting extra lives? (Both by 1-ups and by getting 100 coins). I'm making a ROM hack where you have infinite lives, and I want to combine the code that prevents you from losing lives with a code that doesn't let you get lives.

SXVATKVV - no extra life from 1-up
SZOUUKVV - no extra life from 100 coins

Post Merge: November 08, 2016, 07:30:20 pm

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on November 07, 2016, 11:33:39 am
UglyJoe, when you get a chance, please see about a code for Super Mario Bros. 3. I don't know if youtube will block it without the music. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

FYI, not ignoring you.  I've been making codes from my couch where I can't really be messing with audio without being really annoying ;)

satoshi_matrix

Okay, thanks. I'll be all done the Castlevania content in four days. If you could please have at least one of the games I requested BGM removal for by then that would be much appreciated. Really, I am very thankful for you. I wouldn't be able to make these videos without you.

DDCecil

The FFIIj codes worked great! Thanks again!

HummerTeam1001

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 07, 2016, 11:48:05 am

Thanks!  :)

UglyJoe

Quote from: HummerTeam1001 on November 11, 2016, 05:50:42 am

Sure.  But I guess there's also the case where you get a 1-up by jumping on enemies repeatedly?  And also one for using the same turtle shell to kill a bunch of enemies?

P

And from the flag pole. Or maybe that was exclusively in SMB2j?

HummerTeam1001

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 11, 2016, 11:46:32 am
Quote from: HummerTeam1001 on November 11, 2016, 05:50:42 am

Sure.  But I guess there's also the case where you get a 1-up by jumping on enemies repeatedly?  And also one for using the same turtle shell to kill a bunch of enemies?

Yeah it's ok. That sort of thing doesn't really happen very often in my ROM hack, as far as I know. :)

Quote from: P on November 11, 2016, 02:16:27 pm
And from the flag pole. Or maybe that was exclusively in SMB2j?

That wasn't in the original SMB, I'm 99% sure.

P

Ah yes I'm pretty sure it's in SMB2j only. Something about jumping on the flag at a certain value of the timer.