List of Game Genie codes

Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

L___E___T

August 25, 2017, 09:07:40 am #241 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:16:17 am by L___E___T

Can I ask - what do you use the no BGM codes for?  YouTube playthroughs or do have otehr music on in the background?

I was playing Sonic Mania the other day and had a no BGM glitch kick in, and it was really nice to hear all the SFX that are usually missed to be honest.  

It did feel different.  I suppose ou can always turn the music off in that game anyway though (or at leats right down).
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

Quote from: L___E___T on August 25, 2017, 09:07:40 am
It did feel different.

Try playing the Rockman games with no music.  It feels like a completely different game.

satoshi_matrix

Since the Famicom only has four sound channels total, sound effects and music must both use the same resources, which often lead to them clipping each other.

I'm looking for no bgm codes for Gradius 2 and Salamander, please and thank you.

satoshi_matrix

Hey UglyJoe if you get a chance, could you please see about a no BGM code for NES Tetris? (The official one put out in North America, not the BPS Japan or Tengen version).

Thanks!

satoshi_matrix

Sorry to bump this again, but I'm still hoping for NES official Tetris no BGM GG code if possible. Thanks.

UglyJoe

August 07, 2018, 08:00:50 pm #246 Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:37:18 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on July 28, 2018, 12:47:16 pm
Sorry to bump this again, but I'm still hoping for NES official Tetris no BGM GG code if possible. Thanks.

You can turn off the BGM from the options menu.  Or are you trying to disable the fanfare music and all that, too?

AVETLSSZ - No BGM for Nintendo Tetris

satoshi_matrix

Could I please get  Infinite Health (or walk through enemies) code for NES Blaster Master? Thanks!

Jedi Master Baiter

NNUAXPAE - Health refills when reaching '00' in Blaster Master -- you may want to test this out, though. I think it only works when inside your tank.

Also, I was playing Star Wars (JVC) and didn't want to start over, so:

Star Wars (1991):
AKUZGTAA - start on Tie Fighter Attack stage

satoshi_matrix

Yeah, Star Wars is brutal on NES. I've never once beaten it. Maybe with this I finally will!

Jedi Master Baiter

The problem is, starting off at later stages, you don't have R2-D2, Obi Wan Kenobi, Leia, or Han Solo with you. Though at this point, only R2 really matters.

Here's a code to start with all of them:

Star Wars (1991):
PEVVGAAA - start with all characters (but Han Solo & Princess Leia have no health)

SaintRaven357

HI all!  Very nice to meet you all!

So I'm really not an emulator type of gamer, but what  I do like is playing reproduction carts on my authentic NES.  I have repro carts of Sweet Home and Ys 1.  I saw the SZOTONSE code for the Famicom version of Ys for Inf. Health.  I'm wondering if that will work on the US NES Game Genie with my repro cart of if there's another version for the US version.

As for Sweet Home, I haven't found any, so I'm wondering if anyone either has or can make ones for Inf. Health and Quick Level Up.

Thank you all so much for your help and understanding!

Jedi Master Baiter

The thing with RPGs... is that all party members have their own health, different enemies deal different values of attacks, and I believe there are several ways to die in this game (I've never fallen into a pit before; how does that look? ???).

But I did manage to find the addresses of each characters' health in FCEUXDSP 2.2.3.4567whatever:

Kazuo: 6194
Akiko: 6195
Taro: 6196
Asuka: 6197
Emi: 6198

Maybe someone can continue from there?

UglyJoe

Quote from: SaintRaven357 on December 02, 2018, 10:04:41 pm
So I'm really not an emulator type of gamer, but what  I do like is playing reproduction carts on my authentic NES.  I have repro carts of Sweet Home and Ys 1.  I saw the SZOTONSE code for the Famicom version of Ys for Inf. Health.  I'm wondering if that will work on the US NES Game Genie with my repro cart of if there's another version for the US version.

Depends entirely on the translation patch.  In most cases the GG codes would still work, but some patches are more extensive than others and would move code around such that GG codes would not work without modification.  Best bet is to just try it and see what happens.

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on December 03, 2018, 12:45:03 am
The thing with RPGs... is that all party members have their own health, different enemies deal different values of attacks, and I believe there are several ways to die in this game (I've never fallen into a pit before; how does that look? ???).

It would use the same routine for all of the players, though, just changing which address it loads from and stores to.  I usually look for where they are subtracting health and either skip it or force it to subtract zero.  Sometimes better off commenting out the part where it stores the reduced health, though.  Certainly there are a lot of other cases to handle in RPGs, though (like falling into pits or whatever, like you said).

boye

Here's an SMB code.
YEAAAA: Mario eats some shrooms if you know what I mean.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.