Looking for TA-03NP/1 clone CPU

Started by ImATrackMan, March 31, 2018, 11:15:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImATrackMan

Recently, a buddy in Poland sold me a Pegasus IQ-502 and whatever other common famiclone was available sround Poland (the 777 one I think). I was really only interested in the Pegasus, so the 777 is only conna be around for parts. Both have clone parts from 1992, so both have the bug where the APU1 duty cycles are swapped.

The Pegasus, strangely, uses a transistor to amplify the audio going to the cart slot, and has incorrect mixing restors on the APU outputs causing massive distortion. I modified the audio circuit by removing the transistor and wiring the audio path to the 40H368 (U7) used by the FC to amplify audio and a PPU signal (this was also faulty due to video signal leakage likely through the ground shared by the gates)

Since the audio circuit is now exactly the same as the original FC one (and actually better, there's NO power hum coming through the cart slot), I'm trying to track down a TA-03NP family CPU. I hear pretty consistently that these are totally separate Korean clones, not based on the 6527/P and don't have the duty cycle error. I was able to find one on ebay, but it was only available attached to a very strange clone on a daughterboard for an unknown Goldstar product in Australia, and it would have cost me $60. I'm not really interested in paying $60 for a clone CPU so I figured I'd ask you all.