Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2019, 01:50:08 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Buy / Sell / Trade (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Interest check! New high quality Famicom mini PCBs with sockets for ppu and cpu
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Poll
Question: Would you like to buy a piece for 50USD?
Yes   -6 (60%)
No   -4 (40%)
Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Interest check! New high quality Famicom mini PCBs with sockets for ppu and cpu  (Read 6840 times)
krzy
Disk System

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2019, 03:52:15 PM »

You have to solder components to check if it works and the video quality has no interferences.
It is not a rocket science so if everything is done according to the schematic, it should work.

Another story is if it will fit to different shells. (Are you targeting only Famicom or also many Famiclones?)
For example - in my country one of the most popular Famiclones is IQ502 (the second one is MT777DX but it is made using chips so it is always fixable). Comparing your PCB to the interior of this console, I see that your PCB extends way too long in the left and right and also front direction of the slot so the ejecting mechanism might be obstructed. Also you chose 15 pin header for routing extension port. First, it should be rather 18 or 11 pin (cause it is popular in 95% consoles) and second - it should be placed rather in the center, otherwise the ribbon cable will need to be bent.

aarkay14
AV Famicom
Japan Japan

8 bit will never die!

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2019, 12:13:51 AM »

Thank you for the response Krzy!
I saw that the eject mechanism does not get hampered in iq-501 so i think it shud be ok .. also it is too difficult to make it more smaller than this I think..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: