Could I use a Famicom or Sega Model 1 power adapter on the Dendy Famiclone?

Started by OnettGal15, April 14, 2018, 12:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OnettGal15

I'm considering purchasing a Dendy Famiclone and I'm not sure what I should do to make sure I don't like blow a fuse or set my house on fire. My question is, can a Famicom power adapter work on a Dendy Famiclone. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

- OnettGal15 ???

FAMICOM_87

Yes :) the original Famicom or Sega Mega Drive/Genesis1 adapters are OK for the job

All DC adapters with negative middle pin works  8)
You can use :
9V, 10V, 11V or 12V and at least 500mA or more current, better 1A  ;)

OnettGal15

Thank you! This is the Famiclone I was looking to buy. Its a Russian Famiclone and I was worried about the different outlets and voltage and if I need a step down converter to use it in America and all of that stuff. Thank you again!

Retrospectives

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on April 14, 2018, 03:50:16 pm
Yes :) the original Famicom or Sega Mega Drive/Genesis1 adapters are OK for the job

All DC adapters with negative middle pin works  8)
You can use :
9V, 10V, 11V or 12V and at least 500mA or more current, better 1A  ;)

Exactly. People tend to think about brands rather than what it is = Power converter. As long as pin compatible and within the voltage regulations any adapter for anything is okay. I mistook an adapter earlier from a humidifier machine my wife using and it worked (luckly) hahaha.  ;D

FAMICOM_87

Quote from: OnettGal15 on April 15, 2018, 02:18:08 am
Thank you! This is the Famiclone I was looking to buy. Its a Russian Famiclone and I was worried about the different outlets and voltage and if I need a step down converter to use it in America and all of that stuff. Thank you again!

Actually this is one of Micro Genius clone models made in Taiwan , rebranded as Dendy for ex USSR country's
Like Pegasus clones in Poland are again rebranded Micro Genius models.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Genius

Remeber ALL new and old clones uses the same power supplies (negative pin and voltage about 9-12V)  ! only difference is that old ones want more current above 500mA recommended 1A, and new ones can run on 500mA without problem :)
No step up or down converters!  just use any DC regulated power supply for your outlet (110V or 220V input)  with those output specifications I mentioned above  8)