Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 01:11:30 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Technical & Repair Assistance (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Could I use a Famicom or Sega Model 1 power adapter on the Dendy Famiclone?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Could I use a Famicom or Sega Model 1 power adapter on the Dendy Famiclone?  (Read 149 times)
OnettGal15
Famiclone

« on: April 14, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »

I'm considering purchasing a Dendy Famiclone and I'm not sure what I should do to make sure I don't like blow a fuse or set my house on fire. My question is, can a Famicom power adapter work on a Dendy Famiclone. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

- OnettGal15 Huh
FAMICOM_87
AV Famicom
Bulgaria Bulgaria

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 09:50:16 PM »

Yes Smiley the original Famicom or Sega Mega Drive/Genesis1 adapters are OK for the job

All DC adapters with negative middle pin works  Cool
You can use :
9V, 10V, 11V or 12V and at least 500mA or more current, better 1A  Wink
OnettGal15
Famiclone

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »

Thank you! This is the Famiclone I was looking to buy. Its a Russian Famiclone and I was worried about the different outlets and voltage and if I need a step down converter to use it in America and all of that stuff. Thank you again!
Retrospectives
Disk System

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:54 AM »

Yes Smiley the original Famicom or Sega Mega Drive/Genesis1 adapters are OK for the job

All DC adapters with negative middle pin works  Cool
You can use :
9V, 10V, 11V or 12V and at least 500mA or more current, better 1A  Wink

Exactly. People tend to think about brands rather than what it is = Power converter. As long as pin compatible and within the voltage regulations any adapter for anything is okay. I mistook an adapter earlier from a humidifier machine my wife using and it worked (luckly) hahaha.  Grin
FAMICOM_87
AV Famicom
Bulgaria Bulgaria

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:12:23 AM »

Thank you! This is the Famiclone I was looking to buy. Its a Russian Famiclone and I was worried about the different outlets and voltage and if I need a step down converter to use it in America and all of that stuff. Thank you again!

Actually this is one of Micro Genius clone models made in Taiwan , rebranded as Dendy for ex USSR country's
Like Pegasus clones in Poland are again rebranded Micro Genius models.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Genius

Remeber ALL new and old clones uses the same power supplies (negative pin and voltage about 9-12V)  ! only difference is that old ones want more current above 500mA recommended 1A, and new ones can run on 500mA without problem Smiley
No step up or down converters!  just use any DC regulated power supply for your outlet (110V or 220V input)  with those output specifications I mentioned above  Cool
OnettGal15
Famiclone

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 12:10:58 PM »

Ohh thanks for the info!  Disk-kun  Red FC Cart
FAMICOM_87
AV Famicom
Bulgaria Bulgaria

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 05:43:46 PM »

Ohh thanks for the info!  Disk-kun  Red FC Cart

You are welcome  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »