WTB Super Wild Card DX2

Started by umjammercammy, May 01, 2018, 07:01:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

umjammercammy

May 01, 2018, 07:01:42 pm Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:09:02 pm by umjammercammy
Hey everyone, I'm looking for an NTSC Super Wild Card DX2, with the diskdual unit if possible.

Also, if anyone has one of the SWC DSP carts I'd be interested as well, also looking for a regular non-DX Super Wild Card.

umjammercammy

Bumpin' it up.

A friend of mine bought a SNES proto off of ebay a few months back and needs it dumped. I have no idea what game it is and I don't really want to know (it's a surprise I'm looking forward to  :D), and as of right now I have two SNES copiers- a SWC DX and a Gamars superdisk.
The problem is that my SWC DX, as much as I love it, isn't the best in terms of cart-slot reliability. At some point the internal battery leaked and that acid managed to leak all the way to the slot and corrode the pins. It's super dodgy, and I'm worried it's not fit for the task of dumping something like this.

The Gamars only supports floppies as well, but I received mine without any sort of floppy drive, period. Just an empty space inside, altho I plan on replacing the drive as soon as I can get a new one.

My friend isn't super well-versed in terms of this stuff so that's why the Wild Card DX2 would be really useful. I could just burn him a CD of the rom in real time instead of potentially splitting it across several disks, and then reading and joining those back together on my PC.

MaxXimus

Install a floppy drive emulator in that bad boy!

I wish I had done that when I had mine. I miss it dearly. :(

famiac

Quote from: umjammercammy on May 07, 2018, 11:10:02 am
Bumpin' it up.

A friend of mine bought a SNES proto off of ebay a few months back and needs it dumped. I have no idea what game it is and I don't really want to know (it's a surprise I'm looking forward to  :D), and as of right now I have two SNES copiers- a SWC DX and a Gamars superdisk.
The problem is that my SWC DX, as much as I love it, isn't the best in terms of cart-slot reliability. At some point the internal battery leaked and that acid managed to leak all the way to the slot and corrode the pins. It's super dodgy, and I'm worried it's not fit for the task of dumping something like this.

The Gamars only supports floppies as well, but I received mine without any sort of floppy drive, period. Just an empty space inside, altho I plan on replacing the drive as soon as I can get a new one.

My friend isn't super well-versed in terms of this stuff so that's why the Wild Card DX2 would be really useful. I could just burn him a CD of the rom in real time instead of potentially splitting it across several disks, and then reading and joining those back together on my PC.

Dumping prototypes is no joke. You might want to consider getting a more modern device to dump snes games like a retrode (https://www.dragonbox.de/en/71-retrode-2-cart-reader-4260416650091.html)

umjammercammy

May 07, 2018, 01:50:56 pm #4 Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:14:24 pm by umjammercammy
I'm familiar with the Retrode but I haven't picked it up yet. I probably will eventually since Super FX games don't load on the Wild Card, and I'm afraid of losing my Yoshi's Island saves.
Is there any immediate benefit to something like the Retrode over a copier? I can understand the notion of preferring modern USB support over floppy disks or CDs tho.

The Wild Card DX2 supports the diskdual combo CD/HDD setup, and altho I'm not sure what the availability of something like that is I figured if I toyed around enough I could try and build one using a similar parallel CD/HDD box, and even try using an IDE-to-SATA adapter.

I have a USB floppy emulator in my standard SWC DX right now and altho I like it there are times when it isn't that reliable when it comes to multi-disk games for some reason, usually failing on the second or third "disk".

EDIT: I think I'll wait to pickup a Retrode when those cart plugins are back in stock, that way I can dump my GB and GBC saves too.

Definitely still interested in picking up a SWC DX 2 tho if I can.

XC-3730C

I have a Super Wildcard DX2 + Disk Dual + Zip Drive

I also have a Super Wild Card DX, and regular Super Wildcard. I know these are all very hard to find.