March 28, 2024, 09:50:14 am

Gold Famicom Mini

Started by Pikkon, May 19, 2018, 06:21:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Hmm gonna check the store in town and see if they also got them.

Retrospectives

July 08, 2018, 06:25:55 am #16 Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:35:27 pm by Retrospectives
Quote from: P on July 08, 2018, 05:08:31 am
Hmm gonna check the store in town and see if they also got them.

Yeah please check stock. Due to bad weather (serious flooding) the initial release date (yesterday) might made many units were not sold, but the pre-bookings were from 7/7 to 9/7 so everyone that pre-booked can pick up until tomorrow.

I talked with friend of Hokkaido and they still have in Stock at Yodobashi in Sapporo (near the station, the one with McDonald in same building). He bought one there and he did not have pre-book ticket.

I not sure how many released, but I am quite sure there is stock at least for coming months. I think Nintendo will not re-release it, due to is a 50th commemorative version, pretty similar to other anniversay like GBA Micro Happy Mario 20th Anniversary Edition (they did release in US however same year I think), but that one is crazy prized now and most gaming shop has it on their "WTB" lists. So if interested is maybe be safe than sorry and pick up while there is still supply  :-[

Post Merge: July 09, 2018, 07:35:27 pm

Great news for all people live abroad!

Amazon is selling the Gold Famicom Mini Jump version internationally!  :o No need using proxy or similar, just go ahead and buy it directly from Amazon!

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07D2HMM6Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=nsjpsl-22&linkId=0110c4609133eb8f120f1ddb297a9db2

Hopefully someone will find this helpful so I just wanted to share since is great news for you outside Japan!  :-[

P

That's pretty cool!

Yeah I went to Yodobashi and indeed they where just sitting there on the shelf together with the normal Famicom Classic Mini and the SFC one. I almost picked one up, but changed my mind in the last minute. Not sure what to do.

Retrospectives

Yeah, is not need feeling any pressure. I guess is a matter of reason to buy it compared example with Famicom Classic Mini...In my opinion, I bought just for novelty since growing up with Shonen Jump magazine is a cultural legacy that maybe is mostly suit for Japanese audience and serious collectors in other country.

Initially I felt same about Famicom Classic Mini, I did not buy it until later, because I thought I never would play it and it might just be a nice novelty item. Actually I feel same with this, but at the same time, if getting crazy rare in the future, I would regret I missed the chance so in my case I suppose it was a "better safe than sorry" situation, but overall I would not pay that extra money just for the Shonen Jump version if there was not any obvious reason why I should not chose it over the Famicom Classic Mini.

I guess if I alive 50 year later, I could at least laugh and say "I remember when buying the 50 anniversery Jump version of FC Mini ahaha"  :P Or grandchildren might say "He must have been a real maniac, all he seemed care about was stupid game" AHAH. No, but overall is nice peace of novelty so while I felt I could afford it, I bought, but if I were on budget, I would not buy it honestly.

P

I'm in a similar position. I'd like to buy the two Famicom Classic Minis (gold and regular) in case they get rare in the future, but at the same time I'm probably not going to play either, and there are other things I want as well so I have to draw the line somewhere.
The SFC Classic Mini, on the other hand, has Star Fox 2 and two non-hardwired SFC-style Classic Controllers so it was a clear buy.

Retrospectives

If I were you, I would then buy the Jump version first, because stock of Famicom Classic Mini is obviously more high than the Jump + is not anniversary edition so demand much lower. In case you want Famicom Classic Mini (regular) then will be able to get one sooner or later. As in the Jump version is more high in demand and when is sold out, is just matter of demand rising higher and according to what I read, they not plan re-release it, so if to chose, start with Jump then you later can go for FC Classic Mini.

Just my opinion because I never think the Famicom Classic Mini will be "crazy rare" anytime soon, while the Jump has all market potential to become one of those maybe not rare, but high demand low supply item that you might regret not buying.  :D

nensondubois

I bought mine for 92 the day before it was released and it is in perfect unopened condition. I jumped on the wagon because it is a gold Famicom and I wanted it. I'm considering buying a regular Famicom Mini and Super Famicom Mini but not right now since there are other priorities.I don't think I'm going to sell it anytime soon.

Retrospectives

Don't sell it! You just started re-build your collection ^^ Is a fantastic salute to Shonen Jump Magazine 50th anniversary. You should know how many generation of kids growing up with this Magazine would love to have one while they were kids, even if was just original FC with gold color it would be crazy expensive by now  :D

nensondubois

Quote from: Retrospectives on July 13, 2018, 07:46:59 am
Don't sell it! You just started re-build your collection ^^ Is a fantastic salute to Shonen Jump Magazine 50th anniversary. You should know how many generation of kids growing up with this Magazine would love to have one while they were kids, even if was just original FC with gold color it would be crazy expensive by now  :D

I'm not selling it anytime soon for several reasons. It is going to be sought after, It can be modded to add games (I'm not giving away the details here), It is a really good item to have i a collection. Captain Tsubasa alone was really popular and I think the cultural significance and I'm sure many would have dreamed for this item! Dragon Ball is also really popular.

Retrospectives

Looking good. From what I heard this (including the re-released Famicom Classic Mini/NES Classic Mini uses basically the same/similar type of PCB as the Super Famicom/SNES Mini, which mean it should be able to hack firmware into running anything to at least 16-bit, for people like those things.

Also they selling extension cord with WII-type plug adapter which suit good for FC Mini and Gold FC Mini, so if someone interested they are avilable in Yahoo Japan but probably elsewhere, so even though "hardwired" in box, is just matter of a cable (two if want to use 2p) being changed and then can put in for example Wii Classic controller which is MUCH more nice in hand than miniature FC Mini controller ahahaha.