Numbered Namco Famicom Carts End Labels

Started by reallybrett, May 30, 2018, 04:51:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

reallybrett

So I did a search here and other places but I can't find exactly what I am looking for.  I am collecting the numbered 1-18 Namcot carts for the Famicom.  My problem is this, the first games I purchased Galaxian, Mappy, Tower of Druaga and Warpman all have the number on the end label on the right side of the cart.  I then purchased Pac-Land and Babel but these both have the number on the left side of the end label.  I did some image searching and saw some mixed results.

SO....my questions is, what side should the number be on?  Did they just change the end label style part way through the set?  Did I buy bootleg Famicom carts?  Or perhaps were the end labels re-glued at some point.  I have attached a pic to show what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help provided!
----------------------------------------------------
Brett
Currently Collecting: Famicom Carts, Game Gear Games, N64 Games

senseiman

When those Namco carts were originally sold the labels that run along the top weren't affixed to the carts, they came on a sticker sheet so the owner could put them on themselves (some also had different types of labels).

So they tend to be all mixed up like that now since it all depended on how the person who owned them put them on.

Those aren't bootlegs, they look like the real deal. 

reallybrett

Thanks so much for the reply. This was driving me nuts trying to figure out. I did remember a mention of a sticker on another site but did not realize it was referring to the end label.
Brett

senseiman

Yeah, its kind of frustrating if you want to stack them numerically and a few are oriented in the wrong direction - it just doesn't look very satisfying.  Its only the top label that came as a sticker like that, the front and back labels came already attached. 

reallybrett

Yeah my ocd is triggering on these with mismatched end labels. Moving forward I am going to pay close attention to which way the label is on before purchasing.
Brett