VHS for Famicom on CRT?

Started by SirCandle, July 17, 2018, 06:20:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SirCandle

So at long last, I'm heading out to college. I managed to grab a CRT last month so I can still play my games and whatnot at school, but the major issue with it is that it can't tune to channel 95, meaning I can't play my Famicom.
While I can buy an adapter (which I'm going to do anyways for the 4-player Kunio-Kun stuff,) I couldn't play stuff with expansion chips like Gradius 2 and Ganbare Goemon 2. I've heard that one of the easier workarounds is having a VCR that tunes up to 95 and running that to the TV through the AV out, but I know not all VCRs go that high, so my question is what VCRs do you guys recommend for playing the Famicom on an American CRT?
Trackballs make everything WAY more intense than you'd think.

Great Hierophant

Look for any VCR made in the 21st Century.

Channels 95 & 96 were a late addition to channels exclusively available though an analog cable service.  You can't broadcast television on channels 95 & 96 over the air because you would eliminate a wide portion of the FM radio spectrum.  However, you can use those same frequencies within the confines of a low-powered wired system without interfering with your radio. 
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/