Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2018, 11:04:43 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Battle Kid Famicom Release
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Battle Kid Famicom Release  (Read 5557 times)
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2018, 09:53:43 PM »

We already know the impressions though, no offense but the jury (you included) had already decided the verdict before the product was even released. The games are unlicensed and being clearly marketed for use on the company's own brand machines, but the majority of people have complaints due to the voltage differences compared to an original Famicom cart.
You are just going to make it locked again by bringing this up again. I don't buy your arguments and although you call them evidence they still look highly subjective to me. I'm not going to continue this discussion.

fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2018, 12:40:15 AM »

Thereís no personal jab - letís just avoid any kind of flaming and reign in the temptation for a dissertation style case.

Keen to see impressions of the new parts of the game when itís out.  No commentary from me on CCís strategy etc.

Not much more that can be said for harmful PCBs etc.  Itís a marmite issue almost - most either hate it or donít care.

I don't think anyone did any sort of flaming previously. 

About dissertation style, personally I would rather see someone state his or her case, and present evidence to support it, rather than see someone make a statement such as "since these are the closest thing we can get to real, legitimate releases these days, they should be treated as such and automatically considered marketed for original hardware."  But again I know I am in the minority here, preferring objective examination to gut feelings, prejudices, and emotion.

Post Merge: September 21, 2018, 12:49:59 AM
We already know the impressions though, no offense but the jury (you included) had already decided the verdict before the product was even released. The games are unlicensed and being clearly marketed for use on the company's own brand machines, but the majority of people have complaints due to the voltage differences compared to an original Famicom cart.
You are just going to make it locked again by bringing this up again. I don't buy your arguments and although you call them evidence they still look highly subjective to me. I'm not going to continue this discussion.

As I had said earlier to L__E__T, I personally prefer the sharing of opinions, no matter how different, than threads being locked over it, especially in situations as this thread, where nothing was heated or antagonistic to begin with.

With that being stated, let's move forward and discuss what should have been the major topic to begin with, the game itself!

Has anyone got it yet?  Anyone intend on picking it up?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:49:59 AM by fcgamer » Logged

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2018, 07:23:43 AM »

I never actually said that in those words you've quoted - but thanks for moving on.  This became a horribly political sort of thread and that's not what anyone wants on FW.

I probably will still get the game at some point as I'm keen to play and support it, so any impressions on if the new changes improve the quality or somehow don't, are great.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »

I never actually said that in those words you've quoted - but thanks for moving on.  This became a horribly political sort of thread and that's not what anyone wants on FW.

I probably will still get the game at some point as I'm keen to play and support it, so any impressions on if the new changes improve the quality or somehow don't, are great.

I never attributed said words to you.  Wink  I guess if the shoe fits, wear it though?

Regarding moving on or not:  next time someone brings up the senseless gripe about an unauthorized product not being 100% compatible with original hardware, for which it was not specifically designd / guaranteed to work, then I'll be bringing up the marketing bit again, guaranteed.

L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2018, 02:07:27 PM »

Quotation marks mean you're quoting someone.  And here we go again.  This thread doesn't need to read like a broken record, it's relentless.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »

Regarding moving on or not:  next time someone brings up the senseless gripe about an unauthorized product not being 100% compatible with original hardware, for which it was not specifically designd / guaranteed to work, then I'll be bringing up the marketing bit again, guaranteed.
You are not the victim of being silenced for your opinions nor are you the neutral part of the discussion as you pretend to be (how can what you say both be subjective opinions and objective facts at the same time anyway?). You are just being an ass now, I hope you realize that.

fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2018, 11:09:49 PM »

You are not the victim of being silenced for your opinions nor are you the neutral part of the discussion as you pretend to be (how can what you say both be subjective opinions and objective facts at the same time anyway?). You are just being an ass now, I hope you realize that.

I dont particularly appreciate such titles being bestowed upon me, but I'll let that be for what it is.

While I do find the endless negative banter surrounding this and the other Columbus Circle games to be very tiresome to hear (we all saw the situation for what it is, and it remains what it is, basically...I'd rather focus on the games than the voltage issue), aside from being tired of said complaining, I honestly couldn't care less about it.

As I've said earlier, I can see and recognise the common perspective regarding these games and situation. I was just trying to present another possible viewpoint, whether it is "correct" or not, who knows, but I am the sort that feels not everything in life is black and white.

If trying to see other viewpoints makes you or others here feel uncomfortable, I'm honestly not sure what to say by it. I'm sorry for offending you guys?

UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2018, 12:57:10 AM »

The fact that they're allowing for multiple hits before dying (instead of one-hit kills) really is a game changer.  It will make the game less frustrating, but i do wonder if it'll not be quite as much fun. 

Each screen is pretty much a puzzle that you have to figure out, but if you can get hit a few times then you can just run through the really hard ones without thinking.  Where's the sense of accomplishment?

On the other hand, I never finished Battle Kid because I got to a screen that I just couldn't figure out (or couldn't execute).  If I were able to take a hit and keep going, then I might have kept playing.
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2018, 02:03:22 AM »

The fact that they're allowing for multiple hits before dying (instead of one-hit kills) really is a game changer.  It will make the game less frustrating, but i do wonder if it'll not be quite as much fun. 

Each screen is pretty much a puzzle that you have to figure out, but if you can get hit a few times then you can just run through the really hard ones without thinking.  Where's the sense of accomplishment?

On the other hand, I never finished Battle Kid because I got to a screen that I just couldn't figure out (or couldn't execute).  If I were able to take a hit and keep going, then I might have kept playing.

It's intesting, how one change could totally alter the gameplay like that, as well as how people might play the game.

I haven't really played the original, but I look forward to trying this version out.  The change probably will make the game more accessible to people.

P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »

That's an interesting genre to see it as: action puzzle! One challenge to figure out the solution and one challenge to execute it.

I'm also intrigued by the change from one-hit-kill. Whether there is some kind of knock-back or not, the puzzles' possible solutions must be drastically changed in many cases.

schnuth
Famiclone

Please set disk card.

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2018, 06:32:16 PM »

I've bought the other Columbus Circle releases, but wasn't interested in this one until I heard about the new features. I have the original NES release but never finished it due to the difficulty curve.

So far none of these carts have blown up my Famicom, so let the good times roll! I'd love for someone to sell an adapter to regulate the voltage on these games though.

Also, Amazon Japan is my new best friend for Japanese imports. Cheaper and super  fast shipping when compared with Play-Asia. 
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2018, 10:02:07 PM »

Oh then maybe you didn't see Krzy's post among all the flames (sorry about that everyone):

I have finished my project of 5V->3.3V level translator that allows safe use of Chinese multicarts Smiley

schnuth
Famiclone

Please set disk card.

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2018, 03:24:03 AM »

Oh then maybe you didn't see Krzy's post among all the flames (sorry about that everyone):

I have finished my project of 5V->3.3V level translator that allows safe use of Chinese multicarts Smiley

That is awesome. I'd love to get my hands on an adapter like that for my peace of mind.

fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2018, 04:03:25 AM »

Flames implies flame war or something like that. Look P, just because I took the unpopular stance and made the effort to point out that there was possibly more to the voltage story than the company just skimping out, doesn't mean that my posts were flames.

This sort of remarks and nonsense just gets tiring after awhile.

P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2018, 03:17:48 AM »

Whether the intent was to flame or not, I found some posts openly provoking (like when you keep calling my opinions "nonsense" or "senseless gripe" and so on), and some of my own posts was indeed meant to be flames which is why I'm apologizing. Sorry about that.

I just hope you don't have any hard feelings towards me just because we both have strong opposing opinions on this matter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: