Famicom disk system has err code 27 for kaettekita mario bros

Started by alrob1995, September 11, 2018, 12:26:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alrob1995

Every time I attempt to play Kaettekita Mario bros it gives me a disk error 27, I originally thought it was because of a faulty disk system however my disk system works perfectly with all my five other games. So I'd assume it's a problem with the game it's self. if that's the case then how do fix this? The game already looks perfectly clean

nensondubois

It is an IRQ error that is a result of the cutscene banner being drawn and it interferes with the disk reading. It also affects the NES Classic official Canoe emulator as well as disks.

boye

Try cleaning the disk with a Q-Tip while spinning the center spindle slowly with your fingers.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

stuff_stuff

As I understand, disk writers can be off causing disks written at a disk writer kiosk to be problematic. Various reasons have been given such as disk writer speed or head alignment. This assumes that the disk you received was written at a disk writer kiosk...I cannot remember if this title was ever offered at a disk writer kiosk though.

In my experience, if other disks read and one does not it is likely a head adjustment issue. I'm not advocating for you to adjust the head of your unit, unless you are 100% confident with the process...I've been down a few rabbit holes with head adjustment in the past. It can be a thing of nightmares!! But in my experience this resolves the issue 99% of the time.

Or a disk re-re-write could be in order to get the disk written properly. Both this, and fine tuning head adjustment generally has resolved Error 27's for me in the past. I would not recommend you clean the physical disk itself.

There is a chance it is a bad disk, but over the years I've run into maybe 8 or 9 totally unrecoverable disks.

80sFREAK

QuoteIn my experience, if other disks read and one does not it is likely a head adjustment issue.
Strange logic  ???
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

P

Quote from: stuff_stuff on March 25, 2019, 09:21:44 am
As I understand, disk writers can be off causing disks written at a disk writer kiosk to be problematic. Various reasons have been given such as disk writer speed or head alignment. This assumes that the disk you received was written at a disk writer kiosk...I cannot remember if this title was ever offered at a disk writer kiosk though.

Isn't it more likely that the disk has been written at home by someone? If the kiosks were bad people would have complained and it would had to be fixed by Nintendo.
If a disk is written by a kiosk, the write date is on the disk so that's easy to tell, but AFAIK there is no way to tell if a disk has been rewritten at home.

stuff_stuff

Quote from: P on March 28, 2019, 02:46:02 am
Isn't it more likely that the disk has been written at home by someone? If the kiosks were bad people would have complained and it would had to be fixed by Nintendo.

It is likely, there were a lot of bootleggers back in the day. From what I understand the disk writers needed to be adjusted from time to time, too, due to heavy use.

I do have a stack of Chinese bootlegs that were a pain to get working likely due to bad/poor alignment on the writer. And some disks I bought from Japan that ended up being written by the seller that were initially funky to get loaded (seller did not disclose that he wrote the disks). I guess you'll never really know the history of a disk with the ability to re-write at home, etc.

I'm just saying there there are cases where if alignment is off, even by a little bit, it can cause read issues for some disks even if they are working in other FDS.

P

Yeah that's why I think rewriting disks should be avoided as much as possible.

The header also contains manufacture date, how many times the disk has been rewritten in a disk writer and the disk writer's serial number, and also some unknown stuff, but if you write a disk at home you can write whatever you want anywhere as the full disk is completely writable.