4. PS-NEE Mod Chip installed.

Asking: 70USD + Shipping from Japan.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHpd5vAVF-Y&t=53s

Pictures:

PM me for more info or offers!

-Rama

L___E___T

Looks great!  What can the mod chip do specifically if I may ask?  The usual or any special features?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

aarkay14

It lets you play any region game (after you region patch it)  in this Japanese PlayStation! From a cd-r!

aarkay14

No it can't as of now..  U need to patch the disc with jp region as it is a Japanese PlayStation.. 

MaxXimus

November 20, 2018, 08:48:04 pm #4 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:05:17 pm by MaxXimus
My PlayStation is modded and can play USA and jap games, original and burnt.  In fact my GameCube is modded and can play USA Japanese and pal games. Is this a new type of mod chip because I thought they basically all auto detected the game region when patching the boot sequence.

I am genuinely interested in hearing more about this mod chip.

Also I hope this sells. It looks sweet and custom PSX cases are getting rarer.

Post Merge: November 20, 2018, 09:05:17 pm

Oh ok cool it's an open sourced stealth chip. Stealth is a good feature. Here is a site

https://github.com/kalymos/PsNee

It's strange though it implies that it injects boot code so I wonder why it needs to be patched?

Hamburglar

Are you sure it can't play different region games? I just bought some Attiny's to burn the psnee code on for my PS systems, if It won't load different region games I am going to just buy a pic based mod.

I checked eBay and there is a guy selling them and he says they can load different region games.
Are you thinking of the Sega Saturn that the modchip only allows you to play burns from the same region?

aarkay14

Quote from: Hamburglar on November 21, 2018, 12:30:14 am
Are you sure it can't play different region games? I just bought some Attiny's to burn the psnee code on for my PS systems, if It won't load different region games I am going to just buy a pic based mod.

I checked eBay and there is a guy selling them and he says they can load different region games.
Are you thinking of the Sega Saturn that the modchip only allows you to play burns from the same region?

It could be a case with only Japanese PlayStations!

skyway1985

AArkay is actually right, it has to do with the japanese bios having an extra region detection lockout on top of copy protection. nothing to do with the chip. very normal.
If you need help procuring rare dev equipment and protos, don't hesitate to ask! "I'm teh FdS Masta!"

MaxXimus

Hamburglar

Quote from: skyway1985 on November 27, 2018, 06:28:53 am
AArkay is actually right, it has to do with the japanese bios having an extra region detection lockout on top of copy protection. nothing to do with the chip. very normal.

I was messing with this modchip  over the weekend. It's very fast, I don't remember import games booting so fast. Usually they'd stay on the PS logo for a bit.I read about the Japanese bios extra security, interesting.

Good price, those clear shells are expensive, I have a smoke one but it does not have the player 1/2 and sony print.

aarkay14

Quote from: Hamburglar on November 28, 2018, 01:16:02 am

I was messing with this modchip  over the weekend. It's very fast, I don't remember import games booting so fast. Usually they'd stay on the PS logo for a bit.I read about the Japanese bios extra security, interesting.

Good price, those clear shells are expensive, I have a smoke one but it does not have the player 1/2 and sony print.

Mine didnt have the print..  I added it..  Check out my video!

Post Merge: November 28, 2018, 05:24:59 am

Yaaay! I knew it :p