FS: Golden Four 4 in box - Polish Quattro Arcade

Started by mt777, November 30, 2018, 06:03:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mt777

I have for sale Quattro Arcade in beautiful condition.

Price: 115$ or 100€. I prefer €€€

mt777

fcgamer

Quote from: Dreammary on December 27, 2018, 03:23:57 am
So as you are probably aware, to save money Camerica just packaged the game in the NES variants exact box. Notice the NES cart (as well as the writing "Nintendo of America") on the box?  

A complete NES copy is worth about $50, and a loose Famicom copy is worth about $7.50.

The story is a bit different from this one, actually, from what I've seen. 

BIC made the pcbs used for these games, both the Famicom versions and the NES Camerica versions (not sure about the Codemasters versions, if BIC did the pcbs for them too).  While Camerica published the game in the USA, yes, the Famicom versions of the games were published by BIC / Realtec.  Just like the pcbs, it wouldn't be a stretch that somehow they were involved in doing the boxes too, hence the reuse of the NES boxes. Not all Famicom games came in cardboard boxes though, some had come in clamshell boxes, some unique cardboard boxes also exist for items as Super Robin Hood, which never had a single cart NES release.

While it was quite possibly financially motivated to repurpose some of these boxes, one needs to also remember that *each* of these boxes included a BIC-branded plastic tray to hold the game, an added cost.  To me it's all very Taiwanesque, repurposing extras instead of ditching them, and then jerry-rigging a solution to get it to fit.  While most of these seem to have been ultimately sold and distributed around Poland, they were coming out of Taiwan originally, and in Taiwan, packaging is held in little regards.

Regarding costs, seriously off base on that one.  The Famicom versions of these games will *always* be much, much more valuable than the USA NES versions, no contest or way this could be disputed.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com