WTB Famicom cheat device

Started by UglyJoe, December 08, 2018, 09:10:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

My daughter likes to try and play some Famicom games now (;D), but naturally most games end up with her losing a life pretty quickly.  So I'm looking for a FC cheat device so I can let her play with invincibility codes and whatnot.

I'm not looking for a particular device (Game Genie, Pro Action Rocky, etc), so any offers are welcome.

MaxXimus

Welcome to the dark side Joe :) I use cheat codes with retro games for my kids too!!! I also mess around with code generators on newer devices to see what I can come up with. Here's hoping you get one because playing retro games with your kids is way more fun than sitting there watching your kid scream as they play Fortnite, lol.

UglyJoe

Quote from: Dreammary on December 08, 2018, 09:15:35 am
I use a NES GameGenie by using a famicom/nes and nes/famicom converter as I have both... aka the tower.

I am one adapter short of that, I think, but I'll keep it in mind in case things don't work out.

fcgamer

Imo it'd be best just to get nes version device and use an adaptor.  As we both know there were only three or four Famicom cheat device made and they are all rare, moreso collector items than for actual use
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

b1aCkDeA7h

The only worry with using a NES Game Genie is that since the PCB is thicker, it may stretch out an adapter unless you happened to have the top loader adapter to go with the NES Game Genie.

That though would make the tower even more ridiculous.

UglyJoe

Would also lose expansion audio, yes?

krzy

I will try to finish my GameGenie device this week, can sell you if you want ~30$

P

Personally I would torture my kids with Famicom games and no cheats. :crazy:
When my niece and nephews where younger and came over I would usually only let them play my Famicom or Super Famicom and I wouldn't help them too much. They got frustrated but it didn't stop them from keep trying. Thanks to that my niece can now beat anyone her age in traditional platform games like Super Mario or Kirby.
I'm not gonna go so far to say that it teaches them important lessons in discipline and to not to give up, but I'm proud of her Mario skills. ;D

That said, that's a pretty cool product Krzy. :)

Flying_Phoenix

yes they've got to suffer a bit, to see what it felt like being in 1988 without the interwebs and easy cheats ;D ;D and no slow-mo or time-warp crap

UglyJoe

Quote from: krzy on December 10, 2018, 09:21:05 am
I will try to finish my GameGenie device this week, can sell you if you want ~30$

That would be awesome!  Definitely interested.

prince tomato

jpx72

Krzy it's awesome as always, I will get to you in jan-feb about one too!

nensondubois

I'd be interested though I'm still curious if the Realtec Game Genie outputs expansion audio.

UglyJoe

Quote from: krzy on December 10, 2018, 09:21:05 am

Hey krzy, any update on this?  No rush, just curious :D

FAMICOM_87

krzy, cool, is there any other features, and can you show in video demonstration your game genie :)
BTW
also I do know from where you get your famicom plastic  :redcart: shells, but they are with very poor quality even for the Chinese standards :D  ;D