Famicom Disk System Activates as soon as I plug the AC in.

Started by Lizzaroro, December 28, 2018, 03:34:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzaroro

Hi,

I've been having a slight issue with my Famicom Disk System. Tried searching for a solution online but either I couldn't find one or I couldn't word it properly.

Basically whenever I plug the AC cord into my Famicom disk system the red light turns on and I can hear the drive moving, but there are no disks inserted into the system. I'm still pretty new to this system so I want to know, is this normal? If not, what should I do?

zmaster18

If you are getting a loading screen while getting this behavior, make sure your press the eject button to stop the drive from moving when no disk is inserted. Look inside your drive to see that all switches are clicking into position when the eject mechanism moves up and down. Make sure that when the head moves back all the way to hit that long switch at the rear of the drive.

Lastly, make sure you plug the cable from the power board to the drive right side up. If you plug it in upside down, you will get this odd behavior from the drive.

I remember seeing someone here repairing this issue. I believe it had to do with replacing a component on the disk drive's board or possibly the power board. Hopefully this just a simple issue that doesn't need repair. I do have extra power boards/drive boards if needed though  :)