FDS - Black screen after license

Started by Sorin86, January 05, 2019, 07:30:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorin86

January 05, 2019, 07:30:56 am Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:32:14 am by Sorin86
Hi guys,

I'm the new owner of a Famicom Disk System that has been refurbished (belt changed). Just got a game for it too but once I get the disk in, I am shown the Nintendo license and the screen goes black and stays black.
I am running it on batteries. When I use a power adaptor, the system shows Battery- Err 02 (the adaptor is not the official one and might not be compatible).

I am waiting for other disk games thinking it might be a disk issue, but till then I said to myself that I might check if others had the same issue as me.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Received some disks from other vendor and same result. Will try to open the FDS and check the belt

zmaster18

I have had this issue on 2 RAM adapters and it is caused by an error in one of the RAM chips on the RAM adapter.

You can check this yourself by doing the RAM adapter diagnostic test: Hold Start and Select while turning on the power switch.

On screen it will say "PRAM CRAM      OK" if your adapter is fine.
If it says anything but "OK", for example "PRAM CRAM  A0FFH" or something like that, you have an error. There isn't a known fix for this issue yet, so you will need another RAM adapter.  :help:

I have an extra RAM adapter or two available right now if needed. I can also offer just the RAM adapter board (without the casing or cable connector) for a cheaper price. Message me if you're interested  :)

80sFREAK

Is the disk keep spinning after black screen?
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

boye

Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.