Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2019, 06:30:15 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Jetsons Taito Famicom Title Screen Glitch?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jetsons Taito Famicom Title Screen Glitch?  (Read 274 times)
Great Hierophant
Disk System

« on: January 08, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »

The Jetsons - Cogswell Caper Famicom cartridge, released by Taito may or may not have a glitch on the title screen.  I'm trying to figure out whether the real cart shows a glitch or not.  However, original true Jetsons cartridges are rather expensive these days.  I was wondering if someone who owned an original true Jetsons and a Famicom could take a picture of the title screen. 

I have a pair of simulated screenshots.  The first one shows the glitch, which is a series of broken yellow dots underneath "Cogswell Caper".  The second one does not have those dots. 

Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/
togemet2
Disk System
Hong Kong Hong Kong

HVC-001

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 11:41:00 PM »

Great Hierophant,

On emulators it's definitely glitched and sometimes it even looks worse than the image you posted. It is working fine on a real Famicom.
I am sorry for the low quality image since it comes from a past auction. But I do not see yellow lines where they shouldn't be.
Great Hierophant
Disk System

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 06:51:44 PM »

Thank you, I very much appreciate that information.  I hope others will as well!

Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: