Is it possible to connect headphones to RCA?

Started by Protoman, January 11, 2019, 02:03:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

Basically I want to connect headphones directly to my consoles, Famicom, Super Famicom what have you. I haven't seen any adapters that could work yet but I would want something to connect RCA to headphones. Does anyone know if it's possible?
(And yes I know I can connect it to a TV and put headphones in the TV, but that's not what I want to do, I want to connect the picture to a projector and then listen with headphones.)

Jedi Master Baiter

80sFREAK

For Famicom was "something"-station by Horie. May there is something for SFC.
In general you need headphone amplifier to connect to "RCA".
Hope this will help :)
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

zmaster18

The Hudson SANSUI controller has headphone jack and volume slider built-in. It actually sounds good.

Hamburglar

Directly connecting from the line level out to headphone will be too low, you need something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-Headphone-Amplifier-Rechargeble-Computers-x/dp/B01MS22YWV/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1547343989&sr=8-10&keywords=headphone+amp

I have a Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS, it takes rca and does regular stereo, and it also has optical in and surround sound modes.I connect it to the Super Famicom, PS2, etc. via optical and it works great, It seems they are discontinued.