BASIC Star Wars game for Family Basic??

Started by dado2095, January 12, 2019, 04:50:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dado2095

Hi everyone! :)

A few days ago I bought a Family Basic keyboard with the software and the various instructions, but inside the instructions there was this little booklet that wasn't mentioned in the auction photos. I don't read japanese, but it seems an instrucion booklet to program a Star Wars game in BASIC!
I've never seen anything like this before; do you know other booklets like this?

I include a couple of photos of the booklet (but if you think it interesting enough I can scan it and post it here! ;D )

Thanks in advance,

Dario

80sFREAK

I very doubt this prinout is for Family Basic. Can you take photos of the rest of the pages?
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

dado2095

January 12, 2019, 06:32:27 am #2 Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:32:44 am by dado2095
Aw, it's really a pity if it's not for the famicom! :(

I found it in the manual so I thought it was for the Family Basic, but I guess I was too quick in my judgment!

what makes you think it's not for the Family BASIC?

Here's the rest of the booklet!

UglyJoe

It's using kanji in some of the strings. It can't be Family Basic since you can't use kanji.

80sFREAK

Nothing to do with kanji(replace them with kana), but CLOAD, CONSOLE, WIDTH, STOPM, BGM x.
Also table for sounds. My guess, this is for PC-6601 or X1 or older Sharp MZ series.
On the other side, this is classic IIRC basic games "Catch UFO".
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

P

Yeah though maybe not impossible to port to Famly BASIC.

From the looks of the front page it sounds like it's a text book from a high school engineering class. Maybe the original owner was attending that school and tried to do homework on Famicom. :)

80sFREAK

Star Trek will not fit into 1982bytes  ;D I guarantee you that  ;D

P

Wasn't it Star Wars? You might have to jump on it a little after cramming it in.

But if it uses bitmapped screen mode drawing functions (i.e. not using sprites and BG tiles) it might not be possible on the Famicom.

80sFREAK

January 15, 2019, 01:00:38 pm #8 Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:54:32 am by 80sFREAK
Guys, you should concentrate on Hamurabi  8)