Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 05:29:49 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Buy / Sell / Trade (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Famicom Disk Lot - what are these worth?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Famicom Disk Lot - what are these worth?  (Read 393 times)
XC-3730C
Famicom

« on: February 15, 2019, 07:22:07 AM »

I have 29 total Famicom Disks. Please see the picture and tell me what these may be worth? On le of them says Disk Keeper on it, another says Game Master TGD6 on it. I also have a disk drive with write capability, and even q cable to connect the disk drive to a PC parallel port.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

togemet2
Disk System

HVC-001

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:26 AM »

All of the disks along the bottom appear to be hand-rewritten.

The Disk Keeper disk is quite rare if it is the original and not a rewrite. You should be able to tell that it's real if it's on an unofficial disk (no Nintendo engraving along the bottom).
Disk Keeper is used for rewriting and it can still be used today with the FDSLoader. It was probably used to run using an MGD1 back when it was released.

Game Master TGD6 is referring to the Turbo Game Doctor 6+ copier which was released in 1990. That disk can only be used with copy devices I believe. I'm not entirely sure of the value because they are unlicensed releases from back when these were used and they differ widely in price when they are for sale. I think it's a pretty cool collection.
XC-3730C
Famicom

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 04:25:47 PM »

How much are these worth? I have an FDSLoadr cable, and even an MGD1, but no Famicom any more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

togemet2
Disk System

HVC-001

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 09:27:05 PM »

MGD1 is pretty rare. For that you could get at least 100-150 USD or maybe even higher. The disks themselves are hard to give a price point because most of them are home rewritten. If the Disk Keeper is from the original release then probably around 30 USD or so. I'm not sure about the others since those look to be rewritten retail disks. Maybe 10 USD each?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: