Replacing a Cracked Eject Lever on a Famicom

Started by treismac, February 22, 2019, 06:01:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

treismac

I recently received a Famicom off Ebay that arrived with a cracked Eject Lever.   :'(

Heartbreaking, right?  Well, I got a full refund, so don't feel too bad for me.   Anyway, the system works great, so I want to try and replace the Eject lever.  Is there a good online place to find replacement Eject levers?  How tricky is replacing it?   :-[

Thanks!   :D

80sFREAK

Tricky. Old plastic is very fragile, if you want to get this part from a donor. Remove the broken part is not a big deal.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

FAMICOM_87

Also you can find a fami-clone donor :)  they are very cheap , I used one for the   Eject Lever too :)

aarkay14

I have seen famiclones with transparent ones! Hope u find one of those

treismac

So, follow up question:

Where's a good place to buy Famiclones on the interwebs?

Pemdawg

Nesmaniac

I have figured out after breaking one of these eject lever side clips that the best way is to take the console apart and push it over to one side far as you can and use your fingernail to push the one side in just enough for it to come out. When you do it this way you can tell so much more about how far it has to go and actually not even put it under much stress at all. I just restored a square button and no issues removing it this way.

ringl

if you are still struggle to find one there are templates on thingverse for the eject button.. if you have 3d printer you can make yourself or you can use 3d printing service to get a cheap replacement...