FDS: Disc reading problems

Started by latedep31, February 27, 2019, 07:38:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

latedep31

February 27, 2019, 07:38:23 pm Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:57:43 am by latedep31
First off, hello :). New member with a familiar problem.

So, I acquired a Disk System a few months ago, and while it gave me an error, I had sent the drive off to be serviced (new belt, calibration, and all that). The first game I bought, Nazo no Murasame-jo, works fine on both sides.

Now recently, I bought a disk that has Super Mario Bros. 2 on side A and Zanac on side B. The SMB2 side works with no issue at all. The Zanac side gives me the familiar Error 27. EDIT: It gives me Error 22. My mistake. When I bought the disk, it was listed and with with photographic proof that both sides worked.

He was willing to send me another disk to make up for it, so I picked a copy of 3D Hot Rally. Got it today, and Error 27. Now the Nazo no Murasame-jo disk and the disk with the SMB2 A side still work no problem. I cleaned the drive head with no luck.

So, what can I do? Sorry for the long post.

boye

Maybe Zanac was written on a Disk Writer with slightly different calibration. Sadly, I can't tell how the other disks stopped working.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

latedep31

I think the SMB2/Zanac disk is a Disk Writer disk, but if they were more than likely written on the same Disk Writer, why would one side work, and the other not?

Is there a safe way to clean the disks?

80sFREAK

Enri claiming ERR 27
Quote27:DISK TROUBLE ERR.27  CRCエラーを検出

CRC ERROR. It is damage of the surface or either some dirt on it.

Mods, please fix pinned thread with errors - there is too much nonsense.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

latedep31

February 28, 2019, 11:46:45 am #4 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:58:10 am by latedep31
So, I won't have to adjust anything?

Is there a safe way to clean the disks so as I don't damage it?

EDIT: The Side B Zanac is giving me Error 22.

80sFREAK

IPA and cotton stick is your friend.

Well, ERR 22 is different story. First of all - are they factory written disks or someone's work?
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

latedep31

I'm fairly certain that the SMB2/Zanac disk was written on a Disk Writer kiosk, since it has official Nintendo labels for both games.

80sFREAK

Probably your system is little bit "off". But ERR 27 is damaged/dirty surface, when system can find all headers, but data corrupted.

latedep31

I think I figured out (with some help) what's wrong with the disks.

Thank you for the help. :)

P

Would you mind telling us what was wrong with it?

latedep31

The disk drive the seller that I bought the disks from has apparently isn't calibrated correctly, and the disks show up as corrupted on my drive.

P

cadillake

hello,i have moded  my disk drive to read and write disk. and everithing is ok. but now after i play one game the drive only says loading, then i restart and try to load a game and only says loading. any idea?

nensondubois

I actually had the same issue with my Super MArio Bros 2 disk I bought about 8 months ago. The seller said it worked fine on his FDS but when I tried it on mine it gave me error 22 and 27. This is definitely a disk head calibration issue.

latedep31

My issue has been resolved now.