March 28, 2024, 08:18:23 am

Cars of Famicom World

Started by maxellnormalbias, March 03, 2019, 08:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maxellnormalbias

What's your daily driver?

Do you have any non-daily drivers?

Personally, mine at the moment is a 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. One of these days I'm going to do a swap on it, sell it, and probably get a pickup truck. But in the meantime, it's a really nice car. It's got a 5-speed standard trans in it. Automatic anti-theft device since nobody who steals cars can drive stick lol

Picture is not of my car, but they look identical.

L___E___T

I have never understood why so many people, especially in North America love pick up trucks.  Can someone help me out - isn't that like a gardener's car? I can't understand why you'd ditch a Pontiac for a pick up  :question:
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fcgamer

I grew up in a rural area, it seemed part of the culture to have a pick up truck. Could haul stuff, good for hunting, etc
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

maxellnormalbias

Quote from: L___E___T on March 04, 2019, 05:16:59 am

I have never understood why so many people, especially in North America love pick up trucks.  Can someone help me out - isn't that like a gardener's car? I can't understand why you'd ditch a Pontiac for a pick up  :question:

For me it's not a cultural thing - I need the ability to haul equipment as part of my job. The Pontiac is cool and all, but it's pretty inconvenient to bring electronics back and forth between cities in the "trunk" of a mid-engine car.

There's a few car lots around here that sell kei trucks (Daihatsu Hijet) and they're pretty commonly driven around Vancouver, so I might get one of those. Then again, it might be good to have a little more horsepower, and there's also an abundance of Ford Rangers around here. So those are the options i'm considering, not a big lifted hick truck  :diskkun:

schnuth

I roll around town on my low rider bicycle. ;)

MaxXimus

UglyJoe

Been driving a black 2005 Hyundai Sonata for over 10 years.  Got it over 250,000 miles last year ;D

I have never understood why so many people, especially in North America love pick up trucks.

I think they're just generally useful.  Good for hauling stuff, good for bad weather.  If I had a place to park a third vehicle, I'd probably look into getting a used truck.  Maybe it is just an American thing :-[

Jedi Master Baiter

Hey, guys! I have a 1991 lifted Toyota pickup with a red body and white fenders. :-X

UglyJoe

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on March 04, 2019, 08:13:43 pmHey, guys! I have a 1991 lifted Toyota pickup with a red body and white fenders. :-X
Red and white...the Famitruck!

80sFREAK

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on March 04, 2019, 07:21:48 am...
There's a few car lots around here that sell kei trucks (Daihatsu Hijet) and they're pretty commonly driven around Vancouver, so I might get one of those. Then again, it might be good to have a little more horsepower, and there's also an abundance of Ford Rangers around here. So those are the options i'm considering, not a big lifted hick truck  :diskkun:

Kei trucks are good(not HiJet) in general, but...
1) if you are 6' or taller go for regular car
2) they are not very economical due to a relatively low power engine and "big head"
3) it is not very comfortable to drive kei truck on 60+km/h
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

P

Growing up in a small town I kind of can see why pickup trucks are popular in USA. Although they aren't that popular in Sweden, we'd rather use a trailer.

I used to have a Ford years ago but I sold it when moving to big cities. It just much more practical and economical to go by train in bigger cities. In Stockholm lately, younger people more often don't even apply for a driving license as soon as they turn 18 like people used to.

FAMICOM_87

I am with bicycle too  ;D
Can you see it ? :D  8) :crazy:

Jedi Master Baiter

Furgh! >:(

I just spent $300 replacing my exhaust only to have the CHECK ENGINE light go off and spend another $300 on a tune up. There goes my tax return $. :upsetroll:

If anyone wants to offset the cost...

nintendodork

I recently bought my grandparents' 2004 Cadillac Deville from them. This will be my second Cadillac, my first car was their '94 Deville. :D In between I had a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix, in the midst of trying to sell it right now (if you're in Nebraska/Iowa/wherever!)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

PatMan33

It's all about the utility. Being able to haul large furniture makes me more useful to friends and family and myself. I can stage large piece of equipment off of the back of the truck for my job. It also allows me some modularity as I have a cap I can throw onto the back which turns the vehicle into a small living space for extended trips on the cheap. There's just a lot of options with a pickup truck. But obviously they aren't for everyone.

Oh and you put a winch on the front and there's not much you can't accomplish. They're great (actual) utility vehicles as opposed to SUVs which tend to be big fancy family vans.