Birthdays today

Started by VegaVegas, April 04, 2019, 08:39:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaVegas

UglyJoe

All of the ones turning 29 today are spam accounts :'(

MWK

That is something I'm missing here at beloved FW forums - a real moderation.
Why such accounts haven't been deleted by now is beyond me.
Also, look at "Buy / Sell / Trade" section, it's 196 pages long and I BET MY A$$ that real up-to-date topics are not as far as up to page 4 maybe 5.
Same goes for "Auction! Auction!", we are reaching 38th page any day now and I don't even dare to check how many of them topics are still reasonably reasonable ;-)
Sorry about a little digression of mine here, but that was something I wanted to speak out for quite a long time now.
All the best FW Crew!

MaxXimus

April 05, 2019, 10:14:27 am #3 Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 04:29:22 am by MaxXimus
While I no longer have an official voice here, the aim has always been to keep all of the threads open and available as a reference tool for future members. While I do agree that the moderating isn't all that it used to be, why don't you check out who's an active mod? Poor Luke and joe are pretty much doing most of the work themselves.

It's not easy having a job, supporting and being there for family, and then still making time to come and help make things run smoother here. Hats off to you guys. I ended up almost losing my mind over it haha....

UglyJoe

Quote from: MWK on April 05, 2019, 09:42:34 am
Why such accounts haven't been deleted by now is beyond me.

They are spam accounts in that they sign up, add a link to their website in their profile, and then never come back.  They're easy to miss since they never make any posts. 

The spam accounts that actually make posts do get banned/deleted pretty quickly, and numerous measures have been added over time to keep them from signing up in the first place (fun fact: captchas don't work :P).

Also, look at "Buy / Sell / Trade" section, it's 196 pages long and I BET MY A$$ that real up-to-date topics are not as far as up to page 4 maybe 5.
Same goes for "Auction! Auction!", we are reaching 38th page any day now and I don't even dare to check how many of them topics are still reasonably reasonable ;-)

I wasn't aware anyone was bothered by this.  You can see the date of the last posts in the table view, so obviously the thread that hasn't been posted in for months (or years!) isn't going to be a viable thread.  I don't know why you'd browse past three or four pages.

All the best FW Crew!

:)